• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    In other news...some yank firm want me to do a aptitude test before I get a gig
    not thrilled....I always seem to be really really bad at them
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      For History O Level, one had to do a 7,000 word thing about a subject of one's own choosing (subject to approval). The year before, we had to do one as a trial run, though the word count was reduced to 3,500.
      It was impressed upon us that the word count was a very serious limit: exceeding it would result in a loss of marks, unless it was clear the every word was justified to give an adequate treatment of the subject. (Of course, falling too far short was also bad; but as much as anything, they wanted to avoid forcing examiners to wade through loads of useless verbiage.)

Comment

Eye thenk yew
        getting hard to come by...
        Join IPSE

Comment

not thrilled....I always seem to be really really bad at them
          Sounds a bit odd, but American companies seem to like that kind of thing

Comment

It was impressed upon us that the word count was a very serious limit: exceeding it would result in a loss of marks, unless it was clear the every word was justified to give an adequate treatment of the subject. (Of course, falling too far short was also bad; but as much as anything, they wanted to avoid forcing examiners to wade through loads of useless verbiage.)
            Yes think I had similar... was no easy word processing software in them days to count the words too
            Join IPSE

Comment

Sounds a bit odd, but American companies seem to like that kind of thing
              ah well, ill take it and fail it then move on I suppose....
              Join IPSE

Comment

So for the trial run I chose to write about Norfolk wherries, for various reasons to do with Arthur Ransome's Coot Club having featured one prominently, and there being a couple of books - the only books ever written on the subject at that time - in the local library. They were actually very interesting, to me at least.

Comment

Supposed to be going to London again this week, for a thing on Wednesday. This, of course, coincides with the Tube strike

In theory, the services that TfL hopes to keep running will suffice for my purposes. But that's just theory.

The project at ClientCo is also entering a busy phase.

So I'm wondering if I should cancel the trip, and keep invoicing instead.

Decisions, decisions
                  Me too but I think i'll be ok...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

ah well, ill take it and fail it then move on I suppose....
                    That's the spirit!

It might turn out to be a load of nonsense that you can sail through anyway

Comment

So for the trial run I chose to write about Norfolk wherries, for various reasons to do with Arthur Ransome's Coot Club having featured one prominently, and there being a couple of books - the only books ever written on the subject at that time - in the local library. They were actually very interesting, to me at least.
                      Altho the biggest thing I had to write about was the monkey legend no, no tell a lie, it was the history of the internet without using a computer
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X