• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    one of the more...ahem...colourful parts of town...
    altho what is it with places i live and monkey stories ??
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The one day locker delivery actually is, because TNT have the contract for those and they have to get it right, as Amazon's internal systems can track when it arrives. If they don't get the stuff there on time, they'll end up losing the contract.

If it's sent to an address, it probably goes via another firm that's cheaper, and also rubbish, as Amazon don't know (or care) when it arrives
      yes amazon logistics....
      Join IPSE

Comment

yes amazon logistics....
        utter tulip!
        Join IPSE

Comment

At least when its sent by DPD, you get a text/email narrowing it to a one hour window...
          Join IPSE

Comment

altho the locker is about a mile away...
            They closed down my local one, so now I have to use one about four miles away from home

Still safer than having it sent here, though - Yodel in particular will just leave stuff anywhere. Had several Amazon parcels go missing because of them and their previous incarnation, HDNL

And with other firms, I often end up just collecting from the depot because it's easier; and they're up to ten miles away.

Comment

At least when its sent by DPD, you get a text/email narrowing it to a one hour window...
              or with interlink, you can track the drivers whereabouts online...(i know same company)
              Join IPSE

Comment

Yes, they're good - though I still usually end up going to the depot, but at least that's fairly close by

Comment

They closed down my local one, so now I have to use one about four miles away from home

Still safer than having it sent here, though - Yodel in particular will just leave stuff anywhere. Had several Amazon parcels go missing because of them and their previous incarnation, HDNL

And with other forms, I often end up just collecting from the depot because it's easier; and they're up to ten miles away.
                  I try and tell them to leave it in the recycle bin or with a neighbour...except on bin days
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Not sure if I keep typing "forms" instead of "firms", or if autocorrect keeps sneaking up on me

Comment

Yes, they're good - though I still usually end up going to the depot, but at least that's fairly close by
                      Depot for most of these are in Hayes/'Southall so not an easy pickup...if they were open at night then I'd at least treat myself to decent indian food whilst there
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X