• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I suspect I'll get up at 7 tomorrow morning, which will correspond nicely with me getting up at 6 last week.

I feel it's necessary to break oneself gently into this BST business.
    Very wise. I've managed to train myself into getting up early (for me) over the last couple of months, so I could get an early start at ClientCo. Now I'll have to start all over again

Still, not as bad as that time when, with no advance notice, I suddenly had to start getting up in time to drive to London every morning

IIRC I lasted about two weeks before giving up and getting a hotel down there.

Comment

Yes,the joy of getting up at 5 a.m. does pall a bit after a while.

In my case it was a week of driving to & from Cheltenham every day.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Yes,the joy of getting up at 5 a.m. does pall a bit after a while.

In my case it was a week of driving to & from Cheltenham every day.
        Yes, that looks like a pretty crappy run

At least the place in London didn't start work until ten. I could come off the M1 at J4 and park at Stanmore, then Jubilee Line it to the centre. Still meant getting up at about 6 though, and I didn't even get back to the motorway before half seven in the evening.

Comment

Just checked my credit card statement, and they've stopped my staff discount on my wineplan!

Hundred quid for a case of cheap rinse - you gotta be kidding! Will phone tomorrow and cancel (or see if I can have my discount back!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Just checked my credit card statement, and they've stopped my staff discount on my wineplan!

Hundred quid for a case of cheap rinse - you gotta be kidding! Will phone tomorrow and cancel (or see if I can have my discount back!)

Comment

Just been out. It was weird - almost warm. I didn't feel the need to do my coat up

Plus, you can buy Chinese food out there, so I now have dinner

Comment

morning
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning

Comment

Had to take a slightly different route this morning to clientco as the M42 was closed J3/J2.

It didnt add any extra time to the journey but a few miles (added to mileage log)

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X