• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Finally got my PO number so invoicing day today

Comment

That's a bugger. ms#5's chartered bus to school has given us one month's notice. Train is a perfectly reasonable alternative, but, as he's just turned 16, it's full peak fare. Seems that there's no discount available for school travel once you hit 16. Council were less than helpful - I thought I was taking to Mavis "I don't really know" Riley. FGW equally useless - the lady advised the 16-25 railcard. I pointed out that there's no discount before 10am, and she said "Oh, what time does he go to school?"

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        That's a bugger. ms#5's chartered bus to school has given us one month's notice. Train is a perfectly reasonable alternative, but, as he's just turned 16, it's full peak fare. Seems that there's no discount available for school travel once you hit 16. Council were less than helpful - I thought I was taking to Mavis "I don't really know" Riley. FGW equally useless - the lady advised the 16-25 railcard. I pointed out that there's no discount before 10am, and she said "Oh, what time does he go to school?"
        Have you talked to the school as the school must be chartering it......
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Have you talked to the school as the school must be chartering it......
          No - it was organised by parents years ago, and the numbers have dwindled so it's no longer cost effective for them to run the service. It was £1K a year so not a cheap option, but train looks to be double that now he's 16.

Comment

No - it was organised by parents years ago, and the numbers have dwindled so it's no longer cost effective for them to run the service. It was £1K a year so not a cheap option, but train looks to be double that now he's 16.
            What would a pre-booked regular taxi cost shared between say 3?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yet another project for some idle student that's suddenly urgent.

You couldn't make it up.

Needs it for next week.

Well there's a fecking surprise then.

Comment

This one's for a bouncing "impactor".

Time of flight between impact & top of bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  What would a pre-booked regular taxi cost shared between say 3?
                  Might look into it. We're a bit further out than most of the others. Train isn't a bad option for us, and I think it would be good for him - just a pain that being 16 doubles the cost!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    This one's for a bouncing "impactor".

Time of flight between impact & top of bounce.

its all a balls up!
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Might look into it. We're a bit further out than most of the others. Train isn't a bad option for us, and I think it would be good for him - just a pain that being 16 doubles the cost!
                      car pool ?
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X