• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Wikipedia has him hyphenated, and is NEVER EVER wrong.

But the BBC's obituary has him unhyphenated, and the BBC is also NEVER EVER wrong.

IMDB also has him unhyphenated.

As the BBC paid for his services on numerous occasions and thus saw what he called himself on invoices, and IMDB is fuelled by obsessive geeks, I'm going with unhyphenated

I've also discovered from Wikipedia that he had a role in The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. I saw that in the cinema, and have it on DVD, but the DVD is still in its wrapper. I'll watch it soon and see if he's unhyphenated there.

I'll also check to see if the omission of the Oxford comma in the title is Peter Greenaway's fault, or just Wikipedia again
      I hope you've corrected wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I hope you've corrected wikipedia.
        It does say "Roger Lloyd-Pack (8 February 1944 – 15 January 2014) was an English actor. He was best known for his roles in the television shows Only Fools and Horses, The Vicar of Dibley and The Old Guys, as well as for his appearance in the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He was occasionally credited without the hyphen in his surname."

Edits undone

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          It does say "Roger Lloyd-Pack (8 February 1944 – 15 January 2014) was an English actor. He was best known for his roles in the television shows Only Fools and Horses, The Vicar of Dibley and The Old Guys, as well as for his appearance in the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He was occasionally credited without the hyphen in his surname."

Edits undone
          Mystery solved

Comment

I see he appeared in the original 1976 Survivors, and also the 2010 remake.

Comment

This SSD is well nippy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                This SSD is well nippy.
                I love mine. Just make sure you back up regularly.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Arrrrrgh!

Dying now.

Hu-man flu.

Invariably fatal.

Been nice knowing you all.

aaaaargh!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Watching Inspector Morse. Got distracted by spotting an Amstrad PCW8256 on the desk of an academic.

(The academic is played by Roger Lloyd-Pack, of blessed memory.)
                    Them were the days.

Z80 & a humoungous ASIC IIRC.

All the rom code lived in the ASIC.

Quite clever really.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Not necessarily. Actors often get credited as all sorts of weird and wonderful versions of their name, especially if it's early in their career. Sometimes it's because the actor changes his mind (eg. Laurence/Larry Fishburne), sometimes it's because the filmmakers don't give a tulip about a minor actor.
                      Well indeed.

As I mentioned to dear old Larry, getting the knighthood & then being elevated to the peerage made things awfully complicated.

Comment

Working...
                      X