• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tis a very nice day, enjoy it coz the forecast is dreadful.

Comment

Hah! ClientCo's existing back end infrastructure has a widget that rendered a button I didn't want. Resident front end expert sent me some sample code he'd used to show it without the button; but the button still appeared.

After some digging, including me pointing out that the button was hardcoded into the widget's render method, it was discovered that every project they've done for the last five years, possibly longer, has had the button in it, hidden with CSS. As I'd got fed up of clunky CSS full of superfluous gubbins inherited from other projects and was doing most stuff from scratch, it appeared again.

Upon investigation, it turned out the sole raison d'être of the widget class itself was to show this button that nobody had seen for five years. So now they've been able to get rid of the class entirely

Comment

BA/Product owner asks me why he can't do x at the moment. You can't do it because of blah, blah, blah.

He doesn't listen and decides to talk to PM. PM has spent 10 minutes with other developer who simply repeated my blah, blah, blah...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Ere Zeit, maybe you will know, why is it called a blow job when they are supposed to suck?
          Good question

one day at a time

Comment

Testing starts on Monday. BA just sent me a mail asking me to write and add a number of extra test cases that he says the client has requested. PM says the BA knew about them a month ago and said nothing and now thinks I should be very angry. But I'm not; I carry on invoicing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Testing starts on Monday. BA just sent me a mail asking me to write and add a number of extra test cases that he says the client has requested. PM says the BA knew about them a month ago and said nothing and now thinks I should be very angry. But I'm not; I carry on invoicing.
              As I repeated earlier today:-

I'm only here for the entertainment nothing you ask is going to annoy me for long... I just find its better to look sad rather than laugh directly in the PMs face.

Comment

Interview this morning for a role 20 mins from home.

Was told it was " informal 1-2-1" interview, but turned out to be competency panel interview.

Think I gave a good account of myself though. They anticipate making a decision later today / Monday morning: i'm one of two finalists

5.5 months on the bench so far , partly due to not applying for anything I can't commute to

Quick change of clothes then down to Mum N Dads for the weekend to take over from carers - practising my " i've got no worries" face !

Have a good weekend folks
                If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
                  Interview this morning for a role 20 mins from home.

Was told it was " informal 1-2-1" interview, but turned out to be competency panel interview.

Think I gave a good account of myself though. They anticipate making a decision later today / Monday morning: i'm one of two finalists

5.5 months on the bench so far , partly due to not applying for anything I can't commute to

Quick change of clothes then down to Mum N Dads for the weekend to take over from carers - practising my " i've got no worries" face !

Have a good weekend folks
                  Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Good luck!
                    As the interview has been and gone surely its a bit late for that...

Good luck with the parents though..

Comment

Bored.

Now.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X