• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It was OK, I thought. It was a new job, and the first thing they had me do was write a small DLL in Delphi for some project or other. Then I started on a new project: a website for BT to sell ISDN lines. And I've been doing web development (the term hadn't even been coined then) ever since
    Martlesham Heath was a funny place in the 90s
    Join IPSE

Comment

People were nice enough around BT, work was interesting...sod all to do outside of work tho...
      Join IPSE

Comment

I remember, they use to get us hire cars to get to customers or call centres...on the way back to base, use to try and break them around 50 miles out...
        Join IPSE

Comment

dangerous I know, but funny at the time....
          Join IPSE

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              People were nice enough around BT, work was interesting...sod all to do outside of work tho...
              The projects I worked on were being run from Cannon Street in the City. Two projects got merged into one, without either of the budgets being cut, so they went on a spending frenzy. We'd have all-day meetings, fully catered, at 5 star hotels in London where vague plans would be made. Two weeks later you'd phone somebody who'd been flown over from Belfast, or brought over from Martlesham, to ask about whatever aspect of the project they were supposedly involved in, only to find they now had nothing to do with it. I suspect the PMs had just been arranging free trips for their mates in the company.

After the successful launch we all went out for a meal, then on a massive pissup, all at BT's expense

Comment

The projects I worked on were being run from Cannon Street in the City. Two projects got merged into one, without either of the budgets being cut, so they went on a spending frenzy. We'd have all-day meetings, fully catered, at 5 star hotels in London where vague plans would be made. Two weeks later you'd phone somebody who'd been flown over from Belfast, or brought over from Martlesham, to ask about whatever aspect of the project they were supposedly involved in, only to find they now had nothing to do with it. I suspect the PMs had just been arranging free trips for their mates in the company.

After the successful launch we all went out for a meal, then on a massive pissup, all at BT's expense
                ahh of course, that was the nerve centre...Martlesham peeps were forever being called into the City for projects that were pretty much done and dusted but required a debrief and awards ceremonies....lots also went out to Holland for new projects repeating what they had achieved in Britain too...no expense was too much in them days and plenty of team building days were organised for the troops on the ground...
                Join IPSE

Comment

They were days of wine and roses as far as budgets went. My employers carried on getting projects from them, which I did single-handed working mainly from home, until 1999, when the well dried up. That's when I left that company and became a contractor

Comment

They were days of wine and roses as far as budgets went. My employers carried on getting projects from them, which I did single-handed working mainly from home, until 1999, when the well dried up. That's when I left that company and became a contractor
                    I worked direct for 'em at the time, then spent 10 years working for local govt.
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Still at ClientCo
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X