• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      What's Radio 7 - is that the comedy type one?
      Partly. Loads of 1950s comedy but also crime-thrillers, Sci-fi and the odd classic book. I go in for most of it. It is the only BBC channel on any medium that does not bounce sci-fi for over-running sport!

Radio 2 is all I need, apart from when Steve Wright is on
      WTF that complete tosser is doing still on national radio completely defeats me. I thought he was a juvenile tosspot when I was a teenager and he was on Radio 1. My opinion of him has not changed at all. He's now past it too - tired, stupid and unfunny. By now he should be doing some night-time slot on BBC Radio Isle of Wight or some such.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

... Radio 2 is all I need ...
        What I really, REALLY, REALLY hate about Radio 2, is having to accept I might just enjoy listening to Terry bloody Wogan.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          What I really, REALLY, REALLY hate about Radio 2, is having to accept I might just enjoy listening to Terry bloody Wogan.
          I am NOT a TOG. It's just that that is what the radio was last tuned to... perhaps.

Comment

Does anybody mind if I go get myself a beer?

Comment

I'll take that as a 'No' then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                I am NOT a TOG. It's just that that is what the radio was last tuned to... perhaps.
                If Radio 2 still want Steve Wright there, then surely some midnight slot would do.

I'm also fed up with Sarah Kennedy, the Daily Mail on air. Only hear her on Mondays as I drive to the airport, but that's enough for me.

Terry, Ken, Jeremy - all fine, although Vine annoys at times.

Replace Wright with anyone, then Chris Evans and straight into an extended Radcliffe and Maconie.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've had enough now.

Later.

Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I'm also fed up with Sarah Kennedy, the Daily Mail on air.
                    I wish I had said that. That is a spot-on description of that "I'm so special, I've got a horsey boyfriend, I've got a book out, I'm going to a special lunch, I've got a book out, I'm going to the races, I'm going to meet Duchess Tightarse, I've got a book out, I've got a flat in London, I'm so special, I've got a book out, I'm so special, me, me, me, me, me, oops cough I'm off sick again for another week" annoying little bitch. Ooh, she gets on my wick.

Terry, Ken, Jeremy - all fine, although Vine annoys at times.
                    If Jeremy Vine is just pretending to be think, he does a really convincing job.

Replace Wright with anyone, then Chris Evans and straight into an extended Radcliffe and Maconie.
                    Rice AND chips. No need for an idiot lantern with those two on the air. Mind you, individually they're a bit dull - but together me & the missus think they're great. (And I do think they're wrong about the Ramones.)

Comment

I've had enough now.

Later.

Bye, bye.

Comment

Working...
                      X