• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    So the seller has no say in this?
    Both seller and buyer have a say, but basically the price will end up as that which the two estate agents agree together they can get, which gives both lots of commission; the buying agent won't push all that hard for a lower price and the selling agent wont push very hard for a higher price because they're best mates in the same cartel. Obviously, the seller or buyer can pull out though.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Both seller and buyer have a say, but basically the price will end up as that which the two estate agents agree together they can get, which gives both lots of commission; the buying agent won't push all that hard for a lower price and the selling agent wont push very hard for a higher price because they're best mates in the same cartel. Obviously, the seller or buyer can pull out though.
      or go around them once they know each other...
      Join IPSE

Comment

I''m off

Comment

No, it works like this; the Dutch estate agents are nearly all in the same cartel, the NVM. They won't upset each other so they'll fix a price over a few drinks in the pub and then either you pay or you don't. Don't be fooled into thinking 'negotiation' enters into it.
          Not in my experience, I've seen it in action quite a few times now, and under the current market we've got silly deals on houses only for summat to come out of the survey that was a clanger, so we pulled out.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We've only got one estate agent involved.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Also I've been reliably informed by a friend that Gay Pride is this weekend in hamsterjam, so what ever the suited one got up to last weekend, he has no excuse.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Also I've been reliably informed by a friend that Gay Pride is this weekend in hamsterjam, so what ever the suited one got up to last weekend, he has no excuse.
                why let the truth get in the way of a story
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Do they not have pride every weekend?
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Working...
                      X