• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<---
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm ready to kill someone, I have the client from hell and the headless chicken brigade backing me up.

I have constantly told management they needed a manager at the client site ( i.e not a female one and I wasn't prepared to spend long periods of time off site), but they ignored me and I think I may have to find another fecking gig as I really cannot put up with this tulipe anymore.

Not to mention they seem incapable of simple actions like getting flights, hotels and visas sorted.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        <---
        This
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          This
          It's only because tfs is being tfs and got confused with a checkin. Second day on the trot that it's doing this
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Boooooooooooooooooooored

Comment

<--
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

You spend ages waiting for things to run, and then it doesn't quite work because the salary column is a text containing a comma rather than a number.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've asked whether that is normal, of if the column can be defined as a number and kick out any that don't match, but no-one has answered.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Some helpfully include a currency code as well. Despite the raw data being a number, so they've manually added it in.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Did you train at the weekend?

Friday; did some time trial training with another local cyclist behind a moped then got home and had a minor skinful. Saturday, rested and had quite a few glasses of vino. Sunday; Rode 12kms to meet up with the racing club, then rode 75kms with them, going 35 to 40 kmh. All went well until the last 5km when I was knackered and they went faster so I got pasted by them and finished 1 minute behind. Riding with a double hangover might have taken the edge off my form. Then had a BBQ and plenty of wine to cheer up again. Next weekend I might stay off the wine on Friday or Saturday night and they'll be faced with MTT's secret weapon; intermittent sobriety. I'm starting to think this endurance sport thingy might involve less booze than rugby, but you can take the man out of rugby, you can't take rugby out of the man.
                      Well done on the training. I did zilch. I still cannot walk more than 10 metres without being in agony. I spent this morning getting health care setup. Tomorrow I will queue at doctors for 8am to get a 16:30 appointment tomorrow. Then I can inform health care provider and see surgeon Wednesday. Hopefully they can get MRI on the spot and be diagnosed.

I am probably going to defer brutal double until next year.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Mill

Of

The

Ennium.

Zen

Of

The

Chury.

Om.
                      Thank you kind Sir.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Look out, the mandatory lune has just turned up.

I thought you had to be a lune to post here?

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I'm ready to kill someone, I have the client from hell and the headless chicken brigade backing me up.

I have constantly told management they needed a manager at the client site ( i.e not a female one and I wasn't prepared to spend long periods of time off site), but they ignored me and I think I may have to find another fecking gig as I really cannot put up with this tulipe anymore.

Not to mention they seem incapable of simple actions like getting flights, hotels and visas sorted.
                      Kill me. You will put me out of everyone's misery.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      You spend ages waiting for things to run, and then it doesn't quite work because the salary column is a text containing a comma rather than a number.
                      Maybe it was continental format?

Comment

Working...
                      X