• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thanks sweetheart - I know you are right - Should I phone him or let him phone me?

Upset - not angry!
    Does he usually phone you every day? If he does, and hasn't so far, then there is something wrong. Phone him. Suggest a dinner tonight (little / no alcohol) and discuss - but DON'T TELL HIM A DISCUSSION IS ON THE WAY!!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Does he usually phone you every day? If he does, and hasn't so far, then there is something wrong. Phone him. Suggest a dinner tonight (little / no alcohol) and discuss - but DON'T TELL HIM A DISCUSSION IS ON THE WAY!!
      You've done this before haven't you?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        Are you gay Faqqer? You are talking like a chick in this thread.

Its ok to be gay, I have recently discovered that you can be gay and fancy chicks and not be attracted to males.

oh.. I popped my test delete cherry.
        No. Next.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Yep - usually phones my by now and so far nothing....

But, I saw him last night so he's going to think it is suss....
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Hello CUKers. Or should I say tpders. Seems to be a little group thing going on in here of late. Very nice too.

P.S. Good sig, Jog On.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Way to much over analysis going on. If you analyse something close enough you are bound to make a self fulfilling prophecy.

Just take him to a strip club, then go back to yours and have rampant sex. Problem solved... or if not.. a good time all round.

There is a 4 month and 30 year theory.

It takes 4 months for the power to shift from the woman to the man, the first 4 months the man does the chasing as he wants to keep getting his end away... after 4 months he knows he is fine, so things change and the chick starts making more effort as she has invested time and emotion.

As for the 30 years, thats when girls start getting desperate for a partner and fear being left on the shelf, all the speed dating nights for <30 are oversubscribed by males, > 30 oversubscribed by females.

Of course the above rules dont apply if the woman is super hawt.

Comment

Way to much over analysis going on. If you analyse something close enough you are bound to make a self fulfilling prophecy.

Just take him to a strip club, then go back to yours and have rampant sex. Problem solved... or if not.. a good time all round.

It takes 4 months for the power to shift from the woman to the man, the first 4 months the man does the chasing as he wants to keep getting his end away... after 4 months he knows he is fine, so things change and the chick starts making more effort as she has invested time and emotion.

As for the 30 years, thats when girls start getting desperate for a partner and fear being left on the shelf, all the speed dating nights for <30 are oversubscribed by males, > 30 oversubscribed by females.

An excellent analysis Dr Phill. Until next time take care of yourself and each other.

Comment

If your sister is telling you (and the rest of the family) that he's not good enough for you, then if you want him to stick around, then you need to show him that (a) he is good enough; and (b) you want him to be involved with your familty more. That's the only way you'll convince him that he means something to you.
                  Of course your sister might be right

The fact that he sounded jealous about your dress etc. makes it look like he's still very interested in you (why else would he be so "protective"?) so maybe there's a glimmer there.
                  On the other hand it could indicate that he's the possessive type who always end up being bad news, because they're actually more concerned with feeding their own ego by demonstrating their control over their partner than they are with their partner's needs. This type demands that they get their own way, and their demands get more strident as time goes on. It always ends in tears, and not theirs.

But only you can work out if that's the kind of character he's starting to reveal himself as. The fact that you mentioned that you can't read him easily (or at all) may be a warning sign; these types will be very guarded until they've suckered you into the place where you feel that you've invested so much of yourself in the relationship that it's worth trying to "make it work" even if it involves making "concessions". At that point they have control of you and will allow their true nature to show. It's usually not at all nice.

You've always got the weirdos on CUK to talk to about all this!!

Absolutely
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 15 November 2007, 11:59. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Yep - usually phones my by now and so far nothing....

But, I saw him last night so he's going to think it is suss....
                    How often do you see each other, then? I take it that he's local to you?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Yeah - Helpful Tay -
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X