• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Why do we put ourselves through this tulipe?

Ought to buy a Mac & have done with it...

Comment

I'm still trying to get my replacement USB WiFi adaptor to work.

My desktop PC is now being restored from its image for the umpteenth time.

I'm off to bed. The builders will be going <thump> <thump> <thump> <thump> <thump> on our bedroom wall at 08:01 and I want to be awake before that happens.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Well played. That's some good contracting right there.
        I thank you

I like to maintain standards

Whilst standing around in the car park, I joked to one of the permies who originally interviewed me that I was only waiting to see if the place burnt down, meaning there was no point coming in in the morning.

He said "But surely, as a professional contractor, you'll turn up even if the building is a smoking ruin?"

"True," I replied; "Even if there's nowhere to work, I'll be there if I can invoice for it!"

He looked quite taken aback. I'm not sure I correctly understood his original point

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          I'm off to bed. The builders will be going <thump> <thump> <thump> <thump> <thump> on our bedroom wall at 08:01 and I want to be awake before that happens.
          I'm waiting for the <thump> <thump> <thump> of the builders to say they've arrived.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Tomorrow we apply the same process to the other barrel of wine.

But not backwards. It's not a palindrome!
              RichardCranium
              Super poster

palilap

Comment

This is Scourer's world famous impression of him pretending to be a builder, bashing against the wall of our home:
                Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Morning! <bash!> <bash!> <bash!>
                Good morning, Ye Bearer of the Steel Wire Balls. How fares thee?

Comment

I was so cross reading about thieving Bliar I hadn't noticed it had begun: <thump> <thump> <thump> <thump> <thump>.

Oh, so predictable.

Hopefully the neighbours will go out again today so we can get some peace.

Comment

The <thumping> has stopped. Must be breakfast, or tea-break or fag-break.

Comment

Scourer's gone away again. It looks like another day on the trading floor for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X