• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    It doesn't seem too bad leading up to this century though.
    Open dialog box: 26 secs.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I started that timing test a few minutes too late. Hey ho. There'll be another.
    There must be something wrong with my setup. You still managed three posts in the time it took me to respond to the xxx,x98.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Open dialog box: 30 secs.

There must be something wrong with my setup. You still managed three posts in the time it took me to respond to the xxx,x98.
      Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      (That took an age to post).
      Which is what I see; degradation up to a '00 which then disappears.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Open dialog box: 43 secs. !

Which is what I see; degradation up to a '00 which then disappears.
        Most odd. Right, back to work for me...

Comment

Went up into the loft - bloody cobwebs EVERYWHERE. Plah! Ptooey! Bleuch!

Comment

Afternoon

Football's back

Comment

So there was I, out the front, wondering which bulb needed replacing on the car (this model only says a bulb has gone; the last one actually said which one) when there was a Crash! in the road. I look up and a Luton van is going past ... with the back open!

Somebody was moving house using a rental van. It seems they did not know how to, or simply did not, shut the van.

I ran out into the road and stopped the traffic driving over what was left of an office chair and some other bits. A moment later a couple of blokes came running down the road from the van to gather up the remnants.

Meanwhile muggins here carried on doing traffic control.

The two numpties wandered off carry various wheels, legs, bit of chair, cushions and things back to their van.

I waved the traffic on.

The woman across the road who had watched this from behind her garden fence shook her head at me as if I was the offender.

I wandered back to my car-fiddling and wondered just when I had become Wilmslow.

Comment

Bloody hell, it's hot out there.

The butter got left on the side in the sun; it was a puddle in the dish.

The bags of garden waste & grass cuttings are minging; one has a foam on the top from the activity within!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I think I'll pop into town - I have a hankering for a certain butcher's bacon and sausages
                  Well, that worked out much as anticipated

Bacon and sausages having been secured, I found myself inexorably drawn to HMV nearby. Thirty pounds lighter and four DVDs heavier, I made my way out of town to M&S, where I acquired a couple of shirts. PC World was nearby, so I ended up with some blank CD-Rs and one of those things for broadcasting the contents of an iPod to a car's FM radio. As Borders was on the way home, it seemed a shame not to pop in, resulting in forty quid going on books and the latest issue of Scientific American.

Feeling a little enervated after this consumerist frenzy, I managed to make my way into Sainsbury's for a hot steak pasty and a carton of orange juice.

I'd almost forgotten about the sausages by the time I got home. Good job I stopped off on the way out of town to leave them in the fridge - they'd probably have cooked themselves in the boot of the car on a day like this

Comment

Bacon and sausages having been secured

, I found myself inexorably drawn to HMV nearby. Thirty pounds lighter and four DVDs heavier

, I made my way out of town to M&S, where I acquired a couple of shirts.
                    You'll regret that when they fall to bits.

PC World was nearby
                    No! Nooooooo!

, so I ended up with some blank CD-Rs and one of those things for broadcasting the contents of an iPod to a car's FM radio.
                    Just throw it away now, before you waste 16 hours failing to get it working.

As Borders was on the way home, it seemed a shame not to pop in, resulting in forty quid going on books
                    Very restrained. Well done.

Comment

Spag bol, far too much parmesan and a peshwari naan.

Yumski.

Comment

Working...
                      X