• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night folks
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Greetings denizens

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Blimey, that's like a meal in a bottle. I might take some into ClientCo tomorrow for lunch
        breakfast

Washed down with a lardy sausage roll

I haven't tried the lardy sausage rolls at ClientOrg yet - they look suitably lardy, but they seem to be prepared at random intervals and sell rapidly upon arrival; one has to be in the cafeteria (not to be confused with the restaurant) during a constantly shifting window of opportunity

Why they can't just output a steady stream of them I don't know, although it may be something to do with supply and demand - that's what happens when you impose economic constraints on a subsidised cafeteria, for no apparent reason (well, no reason except minimising waste)

They should get a flock of pigs in the car park to feed any waste to. Then they can have a virtuous circle of a steady stream of sausage rolls, followed by feeding the superfluous ones to the pigs, which can then be slaughtered to provide a fresh batch - win all round!

They can keep the pigs in the directors' parking spaces as a punishment for them (the directors, not the pigs) being twonks who impose a web filter that doesn't work in any sane manner and insist on a dress code for people who never meet "customers"

Today I had to endure an "induction" into their ISO 9001:2008 QMS in the company of two new permies, which was made only slightly more bearable by dint of being presented by an attractive lady who seemed to understand very clearly that none of us really wanted to be there, and therefore managed to keep it pretty light and self-deprecating, suggesting that if we wanted more information we should either check out the relevant part of the intranet, or contact her directly for advice; she quite obviously expected never to hear from any of us ever again

The new Java contractor who started the week before last missed the invitations for that one. I assume he'll have to suffer it before too long

Comment

Fitzroy (no relation) had a pretty complex Shipping Forecast just now - wind like this here, except over there after then, then like that in this other place, and so forth

I blame it on them changing "Trafalgar" to "Valencia" - something like that is bound to propagate confusion

Rising slowly in Liverpool Crosby Coastal Station

That seems like a suitable note on which to wish TPD a good night

Comment

I think I will - Batemans Dark Lord.
            Mmm. Good choice.

A very tasty dark ale, as I recall.

Sadly, Bateman's bottles won't take caps from my re-capping device, so I don't buy them often.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

You could have used your FLAMETHROWER on it! Granted, there might have been some collateral damage in burning down the shed...
              My new FLAMETHROWER would have gently warmed them, and they would have thanked me for it.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow

Anything special planned? (That you can repeat here anyway )
                I have a terrible reputation for forgetting birthday & anniversary cards.

I went out and got one last night on the way to the station to collect Her Ladyship.

She has forgotten to get me a card!

Comment

Just had someone decide to frighten my by going zooming up behind me as I slowed down to enter my drive.

He was cross with me because I was doing 30 along the stretch of road where the police cars and camera vans hide up the farm tracks and in the driveways where they cannot be seen behind the hedgerows.

So I came to a halt in the road. Just as you would when about to enter a drive with high walls on either side with someone walking across the drive.

Scared the tulip out of him it did.

I wonder when it dawned on him that his little Renault was going to come off worse when he rammed Her Ladyship's limo, whilst it was stationary? And that his only alternative was to overtake me while doing more than the speed limit on the wrong side of the road, across a Pelican crossing, in view of the speed camera.

****ed his morning.

Happy days.

Comment

Anything special planned?
                    Plan A:
                    With me benched and Her Ladyship being self-employed, it would be silly NOT to take advantage of the time off.

So, since we live fairly near the south coast, a few days mid-week at the seaside are in order.

A dirty weekend away, but in the cheaper off-season mid-week, and with the Missus. So not a dirty weekend away at all, really.

But you know what I mean.

Comment

Anything special planned?
                      But...

... fate intervened.

Comment

Working...
                      X