• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train spotters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train spotters

I spotted a train-spotter at Marylebone Station this morning (so I can tick him off in my I-Spy book ).

Anyway, he was wearing camouflage clothing, and I'm still wondering why.

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I spotted a train-spotter at Marylebone Station this morning (so I can tick him off in my I-Spy book ).

Obviously a militant ferroequinologist and a dangerous subversive. You should have reported him to the nearest armed response unit immediately. Everyone knows that a comprehensive list of railway rolling stock and it's movements are the first step to overthrowing a government.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I went looking for camouflage clothing the other day. But I couldn't see any.

IGMC

Comment

Was he jumping around, there'd be no way you could see him otherwise?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
          I went looking for camouflage clothing the other day. But I couldn't see any.

IGMC
          Ah, now that's one of my favourite Tommy Cooper jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Was he jumping around, there'd be no way you could see him otherwise?
            Good point

He was up against a background of brick walls and red pillars. I did wonder if he was a shrub at first...

Comment

he was wearing camouflage clothing
              Do you get extra points in your I-Spy book for that then?

A mate of mine used to make a point of walking into people in camo clothing deliberately, just so he could say "Sorry, didn't see you there"

Until he got a good pummelling from a squaddie.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Do you get extra points in your I-Spy book for that then?

A mate of mine used to make a point of walking into people in camo clothing deliberately, just so he could say "Sorry, didn't see you there"

Until he got a good pummelling from a squaddie.
                I was arrested once in Birmingham for being mugged. I'd come off a train from a Royal Marines training course, still wearing my combat trousers, big green rucksack and a dark blue sweatshirt with the word "Royal Marines" on the front of it.

And a scrote decided to pull a knife on me.

Mmm.

When the police arrived 5 minutes later I was on my feet and scrote was on the floor - and the police had the temerity to arrest me!
                Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
                  When the police arrived 5 minutes later I was on my feet and scrote was on the floor - and the police had the temerity to arrest me!
                  Of course, you were infringing the muggers human right to mug you!
                  It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    Of course, you were infringing the muggers human right to mug you!
                    I know, and how dare I?!
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Working...
                    X