• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train spotters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
    I was arrested once in Birmingham for being mugged. I'd come off a train from a Royal Marines training course, still wearing my combat trousers, big green rucksack and a dark blue sweatshirt with the word "Royal Marines" on the front of it.

And a scrote decided to pull a knife on me.

Mmm.

When the police arrived 5 minutes later I was on my feet and scrote was on the floor - and the police had the temerity to arrest me!
    Why didn't you stick him with his own knife?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Thats possibly why he got arrested
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Because I'm generally a peace-loving person. And didn't want to get done for manslaughter.
        Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Because I'm generally a peace-loving person. And didn't want to get done for manslaughter.
          That's commendable, but if someone pulled a knife on me then I would see it as an act intending to kill me & in that situation I would see it as kill or be killed.
          If I were able to disarm my assailant then I would certainly follow through and take the consequences.
          No doubt his next victim may not be so able to defend himself
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I find most Royal Marines are peace-lovers...
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Trainspotting and good personal hygiene seem to be mutually exclusive, judging by the greasy, shabby-looking examples I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                How do you find Royal Marines? I thought they wear camo gear all the time?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  "Any soldier worth his salt should be anti-war. And yet there are things still worth fighting for."

(Norman Schwarzkopf)
                  Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    I spotted a train-spotter at Marylebone Station this morning (so I can tick him off in my I-Spy book ).

Anyway, he was wearing camouflage clothing, and I'm still wondering why.
                    Well, I didn't see him this morning so perhaps he was at another station.

Or dressed up as a brick wall.

Comment

Working...
                    X