• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Train spotters

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Train spotters"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I spotted a train-spotter at Marylebone Station this morning (so I can tick him off in my I-Spy book ).

Anyway, he was wearing camouflage clothing, and I'm still wondering why.
    Well, I didn't see him this morning so perhaps he was at another station.

Or dressed up as a brick wall.

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I find most Royal Marines are peace-lovers...
    "Any soldier worth his salt should be anti-war. And yet there are things still worth fighting for."

(Norman Schwarzkopf)

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    How do you find Royal Marines? I thought they wear camo gear all the time?

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Trainspotting and good personal hygiene seem to be mutually exclusive, judging by the greasy, shabby-looking examples I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
    Because I'm generally a peace-loving person. And didn't want to get done for manslaughter.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Because I'm generally a peace-loving person. And didn't want to get done for manslaughter.
    That's commendable, but if someone pulled a knife on me then I would see it as an act intending to kill me & in that situation I would see it as kill or be killed.
    If I were able to disarm my assailant then I would certainly follow through and take the consequences.
    No doubt his next victim may not be so able to defend himself

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Why didn't you stick him with his own knife?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Thats possibly why he got arrested

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I was arrested once in Birmingham for being mugged. I'd come off a train from a Royal Marines training course, still wearing my combat trousers, big green rucksack and a dark blue sweatshirt with the word "Royal Marines" on the front of it.

And a scrote decided to pull a knife on me.

Mmm.

When the police arrived 5 minutes later I was on my feet and scrote was on the floor - and the police had the temerity to arrest me!

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Of course, you were infringing the muggers human right to mug you!
    I know, and how dare I?!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    When the police arrived 5 minutes later I was on my feet and scrote was on the floor - and the police had the temerity to arrest me!
    Of course, you were infringing the muggers human right to mug you!

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Do you get extra points in your I-Spy book for that then?

A mate of mine used to make a point of walking into people in camo clothing deliberately, just so he could say "Sorry, didn't see you there"

Until he got a good pummelling from a squaddie.
    I was arrested once in Birmingham for being mugged. I'd come off a train from a Royal Marines training course, still wearing my combat trousers, big green rucksack and a dark blue sweatshirt with the word "Royal Marines" on the front of it.

And a scrote decided to pull a knife on me.

Mmm.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    he was wearing camouflage clothing
    Do you get extra points in your I-Spy book for that then?

A mate of mine used to make a point of walking into people in camo clothing deliberately, just so he could say "Sorry, didn't see you there"

Until he got a good pummelling from a squaddie.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Was he jumping around, there'd be no way you could see him otherwise?
    Good point

He was up against a background of brick walls and red pillars. I did wonder if he was a shrub at first...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
    I went looking for camouflage clothing the other day. But I couldn't see any.

IGMC
    Ah, now that's one of my favourite Tommy Cooper jokes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X