• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dillema -Inside IR35 or Outside IR35 Role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dillema -Inside IR35 or Outside IR35 Role

Hi,

I got offered couple of roles (One Inside IR35 and other one Outside IR35) and in a dilemma which one to accept.

For Inside IR35 Role, pay is £650 (and the Employer is going to pay the Employer NI) i.e in Agency PAYE.

For Outside IR35 Role, pay is £530.

Could you please let me know which one is the better with regards to the take home pay. I am just confused and trying to work out which role to accept.

This is a question regularly asked on these fora.

Inside can be calculated via a simple PAYE calculator online

Outside needs more information: do you have your own LtdCo, or will you operate via an umbrella?

Comment

Yes, i do have limited company

Comment

If you work through your limited company, you'll need to choose how much salary to pay yourself. Do you have any thoughts on that?

As a related question, have you been taking a salary so far this financial year? E.g. if you've been doing an inside contract for the past few months, and your annual salary is already over £12k, you might prefer not to take a salary at all from the limited company, and take dividends instead.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
          If you work through your limited company, you'll need to choose how much salary to pay yourself. Do you have any thoughts on that?

As a related question, have you been taking a salary so far this financial year? E.g. if you've been doing an inside contract for the past few months, and your annual salary is already over £12k, you might prefer not to take a salary at all from the limited company, and take dividends instead.
          Maslins pointed out a while back that because you don't pay NI below a certain figure it makes sense to continue paying yourself a salary.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post

My current role is inside IR35 and I haven't been paying any salary from my ltd company.
            Last edited by mgsrt; 12 August 2022, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by mgsrt View Post

My current role is inside IR35 and haven't been paying any salary for me.
              Your current role has been paying you a salary, just not through your Ltd.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Your current role has been paying you a salary, just not through your Ltd.
                Sorry yes correct, my current role is not paying salary via ltd company

Comment

Which one looks like it's got...

The longest legs
                  Is most interesting
                  Will add to your CV
                  Will add extra skills to your existing skillset
                  you will enjoy the most...
                  etc etc

If they are still both neck and neck at this point THEN you can look at the income. They are close enough and a good level of income to start looking at other factors that would say which is best for you in the long run.

Take home at those levels isn't always the deciding factor between gigs.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X