• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside IR35 contracts

https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...or_sector.html

Interesting to see positivity...hopefully those with blanket determinations will struggle to attract the right skills.

"At least 11 clients..."

Wow!

Comment

It's a start! Where some lead, others may follow.

Comment

Astrazeneca? That place was inside heaven all day long. Many contractors there 5, 6 years and more. I had to leave there because the gig had gone on so long my IR35 position was untenable. Dozens of people I knew were happy to keep taking the next job and carry on.
        I'd be interested to see how many have been moved inside, particularly the long stayers. I'll give it five years before HMRC knock on AZ's door and ask how they are giving the same contractor an outside determination even though they've been there approach double figures years with multi job roles.

I had no doubt there would be companies doing it right and going outside. It was only the banks that were going no PSC's routes as a default and it's arguable it was right they way they treated their contractors anyway. There were a hell of a lot of clients using the QDOS and other consultancy products to assess their contractors in the first rush so not surprising there are some still doing it. I think the the list will get longer and longer but inside will still eclipse them sadly.

The only downside is these places will be every contractors target so there will undoubtedly be less churn as there will be fewer outside gigs to jump to so I imagine the clients mentioned in the article will become very closed shop.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My sister is a PM in insurance. She was told she will be placed outside on a SoW.

And where I am, just yesterday, I had 'apparently' filled in the CEST and SDS, and was told I will remain outside. Neither of us had anything to do with the process, much less the outcome so, frankly, this is really quite positive!

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
            My sister is a PM in insurance. She was told she will be placed outside on a SoW.

And where I am, just yesterday, I had 'apparently' filled in the CEST and SDS, and was told I will remain outside. Neither of us had anything to do with the process, much less the outcome so, frankly, this is really quite positive!
            Judging by your posts on here you want to be thanking your lucky stars that was the case

Comment

I'm a contract with a bank, outside IR35 along with the others in the team and it runs past April with what appears to be a renewal heavily on the cards.

I wonder if the delays have given companies time to take a breath and act more sensibly

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                I'm a contract with a bank, outside IR35 along with the others in the team and it runs past April with what appears to be a renewal heavily on the cards.

I wonder if the delays have given companies time to take a breath and act more sensibly
                Nah. Keyboards always need swapping

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Nah. Keyboards always need swapping
                  As if they'd let me out on the floor!

Comment

I see that NorthernladUK is still banging on about length of contracts when legally little if any weight is given to this situation. Furthermore, neither Markel Tax nor Qdos ask such a question in their extensive questionnaire when deciding if contracts are subject to IR35

Comment

Working...
                    X