• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Future of CEST

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes View Post
    Where is your evidence to show that anything different is happening 'this time' around. Indeed, when was the 'last time'. Gee whiz. Your fifth rate thinking, and fantasy land hoping is quite clearly not where we are right now.
    I told you already. The Offpayroll website. No good calling me out when I present you the evidence in the first post and you have to ask again LOL... If you watch their linkedin they post regulard updates of companies that were determining. We need to add 'You are doing a Simes' to the CUK vocab for when someone is making an utter pillock of themselves.

A simple perusal of Jobserve shows a far higher percentage of Inside statements even before the reforms are Supposed to come into effect. Any offers of CEST and SDS involvement quite clearly not even on the clients' or agents' radar.
    Because clients implemented it in good time before it got pulled last minute so why go backwards? Surely all those inside gigs are showing you that SDS is done. Accroding to you all those would say no PSC's wouldn't they? If they are doing SDS now it's highly likely they will do it after April so you've kind of found the evidence it's being done and trashed your initial point no?
    And, others have demonstrated a query over SDS usage, and others think that CEST may be intra niche.
    You've just said yourself you've seen companies that are doing it, albeit coming out inside. You do understand how this works don't you?
    So if you could take your prick out of your hand long enough to quieten down and offer some considered opinion, 'cos fact with you is a long shot, maybe you'd have something other than 'cup half full' nonsense to offer.
    Half full nonsense? Just because I feel a bit more positive about how many outside gigs will exist and they aren't going to completely disappear? Does us a favour and quit your account.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Good to know. Thank you.

I am a PM, not worked in 10 months. Have yet to see One Single Example of what you are citing. The very few Outside examples I have been introduced to have to a 'T' said, Outside until end March, and from then on Inside. Nary a word about CEST or SDS.

This be my particular horizon.
      They have to say end of March as they will need a new contract explaining CEST and how it's used along with the SDS. The contract needs to funamentally change so they aren't going to say Sept and issue you another one halfway through. It's an important milestone and it's also possibly year end for a lot companies as well so a decision point. It's also three months away which is a pretty standard term.

They don't mention CEST or SDS as they don't need. That's all the background stuff the do on the contract to come to the inside decision. They don't quote the payment process or application when you get paid. It's a pretty safe assumption that if they are offering a determination then it's being used. I don't think many companies are risking themselves making blanket insides because they can't be bothered to do the diligence.

Bum on seat PM joining a big team is highly likely to be inside for obvious reasons. It's not a role that lends itself to being outside generally. Plenty of exceptions but the midrange bum on seats doing the same as the perms won't fare well in a determination IMO.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Bum on seat PM joining a big team is highly likely to be inside for obvious reasons. It's not a role that lends itself to being outside generally. Plenty of exceptions but the midrange bum on seats doing the same as the perms won't fare well in a determination IMO.
        I have no idea what you do for a living but, the premise of being outside is, Project related. Short term. In and out after A Project is completed. The title Project Manager basically says that their journey is limited.

The fact you state the above is demonstrating a complete lack of any understanding to what being Outside is supposed to stipulate for the purposes of what the HMRC is getting all bent out of shape about.

Bum on Seat PM. FFS. You and everything you have to blab about in your perpetual sequential random posts serves only to demonstrate a desire to soap box and aggrandize a self importance that is in no way deserved.

Grow up buddy. Laughing stock, does not even begin to describe your presence here.

Comment

Good to know. Thank you.

I am a PM, not worked in 10 months. Have yet to see One Single Example of what you are citing. The very few Outside examples I have been introduced to have to a 'T' said, Outside until end March, and from then on Inside. Nary a word about CEST or SDS.

This be my particular horizon.
          If there aren't many outside roles post April being advertised for project managers then the best solution is probably go perm until things change.
          I don't know what it is about Project Management that gives it a bit of a bad rep these days.
          Most of the project managers (all perms) at my client now title themselves 'Software Development Manager'
          One guy is title a 'Software Process Engineer' and takes offence at being called a Project manager, even though what he does perfectly fits the classic definition of being a project manager.
          They also have the additional title of 'Product Owner' for each of their projects. Which is an Agile thing.
          Last edited by Fraidycat; 30 January 2021, 05:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
            If there aren't many outside roles post April being advertised for project managers then the best solution is probably go perm until things change.
            I don't know what it is about Project Management that gives it a bit of a bad rep these days.
            Most of the project managers (all perms) at my client now title themselves 'Software Development Manager'
            One guy is title a 'Software Process Engineer' and takes offence at being called a Project manager, even though what he does perfectly fits the classic definition of being a project manager.
            They also have the additional title of 'Product Owner' for each of their projects. Which is an Agile thing.
            Project manager is now a retired job function (scrum managers to follow)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Project manager is now a retired job function (scrum managers to follow)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              PM friend of mine (in FS) had three calls this week, three interviews. Got offered immediately after the second interview. Still doing the third interview next week while waiting for the paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                Well, we have at least one person not too far from this post who is the voice of doom for PMs. Must admit to never having heard of the above Software Dev Mgr scenario, I am not sure that my searching for roles under that title will offer hope and promise, but never say never.

I have been put forward for a couple of Product Owner roles so have seen that variant.

Yup, I am broadening searches for Inside and FTC but even if lucky to find something of that nature, my need to earn into the LtdCo means I would continue the search and dump whatever I currently had. Or do both.

Comment

Working...
                X