• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rishi Sunak confirms IR35 reform is going ahead w/o any major changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    contracting has been good while it lasted
    see you guys in permie land
    can always return to the land of glory when the dust settles

Comment

I know I'll get crap for this but there has to be some way of a legal action to make this illegal. Pay the same tax without the same benefits? That's ludicrous.

The fact that they think they will get more tax is emperor's new clothes stuff.

It's infuriating. I'm venting.

Comment

Originally posted by wiffwaffwaa View Post
        I know I'll get crap for this but there has to be some way of a legal action to make this illegal. Pay the same tax without the same benefits? That's ludicrous.

How many times have you raised/written to your MP in the past few years about this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Yes, there is a way to make it illegal. Get a majority of MPs to pass legislation. Get it through the House of Lords. Get Royal Assent. Done and dusted. Get to work!

Comment

Let me introduce you to the end game - No Rights Employee

As a large firm with easily substitutable staff why would I want the hassle of permanent staff.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              How many times have you raised/written to your MP in the past few years about this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Once actually!

Standard reply from her aide.

Comment

Quite rightly as well. You win the daftest post that mentions illegal so far. The quote 'a way of a legal action to make it illegal' puts you head and shoulders of all the other daft suggestions. Well done.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been saying for a while that I thought the risk of "retrospective investigation" at first was likely low. I thought their first target would be "non-compliant" (in HMRC's view) clients, looking to make examples of them.

His statement here makes me doubt that. If they are going to go easy on the clients in the first year, then chances are they will have the resources to go after the outside-to-inside people.

Of course, saying they are going to go easy doesn't mean they will....

Comment

Chancellor Sunak vows IR35 reform 'tweaks' ahead of 12-month 'soft landing'

“And as the chancellor has said, HMRC wants to take a supportive approach to help businesses to apply the rules correctly going forwards.”

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Are you also furious about the higher day rate you're getting compare to permanent employees doing the same/similar job?

Comment

Working...
                      X