• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you honestly think will happen in 2020?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    OK, I can understand that and to calm things down, I apologise for any posts of mine which might be interpreted as personal attacks. However, I believe that to dismiss any use of the ET under any circumstances, is not doing the community any favours. I cannot believe otherwise than there will be circumstances where some individuals would benefit from approaching the ET, just as Susan Winchester did, and just as IPSE are doing now with the case they are supporting.
    They aren't personal attacks, it's just the same, unending tedium over and over again.

It might be the case it's true but it will be a long shot carried out by an individual or something. Not really warrants you mentioning it 5 times in a morning 7 days a week. Where it might have been an interesting discussion at some point, you've done it to death so probably won't be now.

Just give it a rest.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      They aren't personal attacks, it's just the same, unending tedium over and over again.

It might be the case it's true but it will be a long shot carried out by an individual or something. Not really warrants you mentioning it 5 times in a morning 7 days a week. Where it might have been an interesting discussion at some point, you've done it to death so probably won't be now.

Just give it a rest.
      hear! hear!

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        Evidence? If I knew this would true I'd be done with UK clients until someone reigns these people in. More trips overseas for me, I guess.
        I work with numerous end clients that have received the same letter, it was mentioned in a conference a few weeks ago by either Andy Chamberlain or Dave Chaplin. It's not a secret I don't think. As far as I know the letters are to 'raise awareness' and 'check preparedness'.

Comment

this...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ir35-hand.html

Comment

I believe between now and April, there will be many knee jerk reactions, broad strokes, and blanket decisions.

But that By April, things may be clearer, will have settled down and for the truly outside IR35 contractors, Life will be largely the same.

Comment

Just saw a post by Dave Chaplin about fear stoking in the industry leading to outcomes like the above. That's definitely not what he's been doing eh..
              Last edited by cojak; 1 October 2019, 17:47. Reason: No winking in Professional Forums.

Comment

Sorry for being a winker :

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
                  Most people I know are looking at options to find a permanent role. General thought that contracting is dead. No problem with starting contracting again of it turns out not to be. I'd prefer someone else to be the bellwether that HMRC goes after.
                  My exact position as well.

I'm now almost 100% convinced to go back to permieland for the following reasons:

- the contract market for my skillset in my area seems dead. In the last 6 months I have seen the same number of roles I would normally see in 1 week only 1-2 years ago
                  - banks have stopped hiring contractors altogether
                  - the few contracts that sporadically pop up are for the same rate they used to be, just now they are inside ir35
                  - most of the contracts that are advertised as outside ir35 turn out to be for BAU work therefore at high risk of hmrc wanting to stick their chubby hands in my pockets
                  - on the other hand, the salaries for permanent roles seem to be rising.

Still 2 months to go in my current gig but if things don't change I'll be pulling the plug. Maybe will go back to contracting again in the future if worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                  X