• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS Bodies unite to try to shelve IR35 plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't IPSE born out of IR35?

So if that was their sole purpose, then no sir I won't change the record.

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
      Well, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't IPSE born out of IR35?

So if that was their sole purpose, then no sir I won't change the record.
      I think the argument is that IPSE is far more than IR35 nowadays and a lot of the people they are targeting to join have nothing to do with IR35...

The actual point here is as Mal says everyone has stated this is a bad idea yet HMG are running with it.

It's going to be very interesting to see what the budget brings...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I think the argument is that IPSE is far more than IR35 nowadays and a lot of the people they are targeting to join have nothing to do with IR35...

The actual point here is as Mal says everyone has stated this is a bad idea yet HMG are running with it.

It's going to be very interesting to see what the budget brings...
        Public Sector departments need to make cuts....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          to essential/critical public service to ensure people die painfully.....

Comment

Originally posted by londonlad View Post
            to essential/critical public service to ensure people die painfully.....
            Only if you are old, sick, homeless and/or poor.

Don't fall into those groups...
            Last edited by SueEllen; 1 March 2017, 16:55.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I didn't mean local council budgets but the Spring Budget which seemingly has some tax changes coming as referred to elsewhere.

Local councils are still cutting everything they possibly can to keep the legal required services (just about) going

Comment

Public Sector departments need to make cuts.... to essential/critical public service to ensure people die painfully.....
                And to subsequently ensure that full-scale privatization gets greenlighted?
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

I know many here do not quite connect the dots, but that whole bold "FU" attitude on the part of HMRC/HMG/Treasury to anything and anyone is a direct continuation of the success of their APN gamble back in 2014.
                  Not only were Gauke and co vindicated in their belief that they can screw contractors senseless without triggering much of a protest, they started thinking they can do whatever they like without a care for accountability to anyone.
                  This trajectory is going to be very difficult to change.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    I know many here do not quite connect the dots, but that whole bold "FU" attitude on the part of HMRC/HMG/Treasury to anything and anyone is a direct continuation of the success of their APN gamble back in 2014.
                    Not only were Gauke and co vindicated in their belief that they can screw contractors senseless without triggering much of a protest, they started thinking they can do whatever they like without a care for accountability to anyone.
                    This trajectory is going to be very difficult to change.
                    APN wasn't targeted at contractors - or at least it wasn't targeted at contractors who I want to be associated with... Note carefully picking on words there...

You are right that this all starts in 2014 though - but its not the APN that is the start its the Agency Reporting Requirements which was the first building block of this attack....

Comment

APN wasn't targeted at contractors - or at least it wasn't targeted at contractors who I want to be associated with... Note carefully picking on words there...
                      You are right that this all starts in 2014 though - but its not the APN that is the start its the Agency Reporting Requirements which was the first building block of this attack....
                      I note your careful choice of words, and that "good contractors" vs "bad contractors" mentality might be just why we are getting shafted with such regularity. HMG don't even need to divide and rule us - we divide ourselves just fine.
                      And I did not say APNs were the start, what I said is that it emboldened our "friends" into trying policies they would have never dared before.

Comment

Working...
                      X