• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Results of the public sector consultation is up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of interesting calculations on the Orange Genie webinar, one being they believe a PSC in the public sector will cost a bit more than using an umbrella and there will be no real benefit to keeping a ltd

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
      A couple of interesting calculations on the Orange Genie webinar, one being they believe a PSC in the public sector will cost a bit more than using an umbrella and there will be no real benefit to keeping a ltd
      I suspect that there are right or it would be a very close run thing unless you can do you own accounts. The is however one reason for working via your limited company depending on what you want to achieve...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The is however one reason for working via your limited company depending on what you want to achieve...
        Don't tease me.......do you mean for private sector work?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I suspect that there are right or it would be a very close run thing unless you can do you own accounts. The is however one reason for working via your limited company depending on what you want to achieve...
          A retrospective IR35 claim would be no doubt bolstered by using a limited company too, demonstrating that you're behaving as a business rather than a disguised employee.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            There are people in the PS on weekly billing????
            I was on my PS contract last year.

Though because the civil servants were too lazy to sign my timesheet it normally was bi-weekly.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MoroccanMole View Post
              Emmm.....private sector guy here, but the agencies normally pay invoices in fortnightly arrears don't they?

Direct billing; anybodies guess.
              There is no "normal" whether you use an agency or are direct.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We do weekly billing in the Public Sector.
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
                  I'd tend to agree with their view.
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    We do weekly billing in the Public Sector.
                    As an aside, Andy, what are your thoughts on the latest Progressive gaffe that was on LinkedIn - an agent faking a cv to harvest jobs?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      There is no "normal" whether you use an agency or are direct.
                      Indeed. I do weekly but this is entirely based on agency policy rather than the PS client.

The direction we've been given is tulips hit the fan and they PS is looking at ways around this. I'm sure they'd say that either way and thus we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                      X