• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    All HMRC see is NI number, the company the money was paid to and the amount. Job description isn't reported so would only appear in the later parts of an enquiry.
    fair enough
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Bheleu View Post
      You of course assume that Hecor has the computer skills to dig through that massive pile of data, not that are going to trust a contract to such a task
      It's so easy, suity could do it:

Code:
      -- LOWEST HANGING FRUIT
      SELECT DISTINCT
      x.ni_number, x.agency_id, x.role_id
      from
      (select ni_number, agency_id, role_id from workers where paydate < '2017-04-06' and inside_ir35='N') x
      JOIN
      (select ni_number, agency_id, role_id from workers where paydate > '2017-04-06' and inside_ir35='Y') y
      on x.ni_number = y.ni_number and x.agency_id = y.agency_id and x.role_id = y.role_id 

-- SECOND WAVE
      SELECT DISTINCT
      x.ni_number, x.agency_id, y.role_id
      from
      (select ni_number, agency_id, role_id from workers where paydate < '2017-04-06' and inside_ir35='N') x
      JOIN
      (select ni_number, agency_id, role_id from workers where paydate > '2017-04-06' and inside_ir35='Y') y
      on x.ni_number = y.ni_number and x.agency_id = y.agency_id
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Having quite literally slept with the enemy, I can tell you that this kind of lookup is within the skillset of even quite low level inspectors who have to deal with all sorts of rubbish data in obscure formats on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
          Having quite literally slept with the enemy, I can tell you that this kind of lookup is within the skillset of even quite low level inspectors who have to deal with all sorts of rubbish data in obscure formats on a daily basis.
          Indeed - the CUK equivalent is suity, who regularly fixes the world with MS Access.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Someone asked me the other day "What is this Reform to IR35 Legislation"?

I said it's nothing but self-harming exercise by Government. Or to put that into context, Government is on the road to buy P**is enlargement pills so it can reach their own ar*e.

And the reply was.....

OK Got It.

Comment

Originally posted by londonlad View Post
              Someone asked me the other day "What is this Reform to IR35 Legislation"?

I said it's nothing but self-harming exercise by Government. Or to put that into context, Government is on the road to buy P**is enlargement pills so it can reach their own ar*e.

And the reply was.....

OK Got It.
              Indeed. I got asked to review replacement CVs from a consulting company who were providing second jobber landed-offshore resources for 3x the going contract day rate. One of them did have a PhD in something totally unrelated.

I wept. And then I started rehearsing my gcloud 9 application pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
                Indeed. I got asked to review replacement CVs from a consulting company who were providing second jobber landed-offshore resources for 3x the going contract day rate. One of them did have a PhD in something totally unrelated.

I wept. And then I started rehearsing my gcloud 9 application pitch.
                The Mail and Express would love a good whiff of this story. More money leaving the country then they wonder why the tax-paying residents of the UK get paid more.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  The Mail and Express would love a good whiff of this story. More money leaving the country then they wonder why the tax-paying residents of the UK get paid more.
                  In this particular case, the consulting co was (probably) UK based, it's only the resources that were landed-offshore, probably subbed from a vanilla tier2 so if you follow the money then yes, but daily fail will get sidetracked with someone's dress and makeup before they get that deep into journalistic integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    All HMRC see is NI number, the company the money was paid to and the amount. Job description isn't reported so would only appear in the later parts of an enquiry.
                    Isn't NI number alone is more than sufficient, if take new role that is Inside IR35 post 6th April?

HMRC will say lets look at this NI number and see how much of Tax and NI received prior to 6th April.

So I assume even you take new role with new agency which is inside IR35, the risk level doesn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by londonlad View Post
                      Isn't NI number alone is more than sufficient, if take new role that is Inside IR35 post 6th April?

HMRC will say lets look at this NI number and see how much of Tax and NI received prior to 6th April.

So I assume even you take new role with new agency which is inside IR35, the risk level doesn't change.
                      New agency implies new contract which means the work may be vastly different to what they were doing in March. Same agency implies nothing changed within the contract so if you are inside in April when the end client made the determination surely the same end client suspects you to be inside in March.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X