• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Schemes through ASMG / White Collar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W Summer View Post
    Hi all

Received the brown envelope from the HMRC today, in New Zealand now, so lost a couple of weeks in the post. Having read through the threads, looks like no news since people sent appeal letters. Has anything progressed on this issue at all?

I will be contacting White Collar regardless to understand their position.

Thanks.
    Hi W Summer

White Collar can help you with your appeal. Also, if you are hard pressed time-wise because of the distance, give HMRC a call (no seriously - I can give you the relevant numbers via PM if you need). In my dealings with the case officer she was very understanding and professional (for me, my assessment notice was lost in the mail and they put a note on my file to acknowledge my intention to appeal, even though the actual letter may well be received by HMRC outside the 30 day window).

Personally, I have not received anything further regarding my case since the appeal was accepted, but I expect this to change through 2014.

Lastly, we do have a group and would encourage you to join. If you want to request PM rights from the CUK admin team and PM Turnover, he can provide instructions from there (although please be patient).

Comment

Hi mods, please could I have PM rights to join the group? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by freddyk View Post
        Admin will give you PM rights, you can then use those rights to join the group yourself.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

Questions about the letter of appeal

Hello guys, I was also a contractor and I am about to join the party I received a phone call from the HMRC Debt Collection Department regarding the tax year 2008-2009 and Kirium. As I moved since my last known address, I didn’t receive the original letters and I suspect they have applied a surcharge. I really would like to join the group and discuss further.

Also, I have a basic question about the letter of appeal everyone is talking about. More precisely, I would like to know where does it lead to? Is this appeal heard in a tribunal? In which case what are the costs involved?

Or is this letter of appeal just a way for the HMRC to review the case before giving their final answer and proceed with getting the original amount? In which case are there any extra costs involved?

Finally, I would like to know if this letter of appeal stops the surcharge process.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by XContractor2405 View Post
              Hello guys, I was also a contractor and I am about to join the party I received a phone call from the HMRC Debt Collection Department regarding the tax year 2008-2009 and Kirium. As I moved since my last known address, I didn’t receive the original letters and I suspect they have applied a surcharge. I really would like to join the group and discuss further.

Also, I have a basic question about the letter of appeal everyone is talking about. More precisely, I would like to know where does it lead to? Is this appeal heard in a tribunal? In which case what are the costs involved?

Or is this letter of appeal just a way for the HMRC to review the case before giving their final answer and proceed with getting the original amount? In which case are there any extra costs involved?

Finally, I would like to know if this letter of appeal stops the surcharge process.

Thanks for your help.
              XContractor - First and Foremost, you need to sort out the current issue, which is to negotiate with HMRC and get your appeal to the judgement accepted.. otherwise this is a legal debt that you must pay (and HMRC have been very aggressive of late - even pushing people into bankruptcy)..

Once this is done however, your next step is to wait for HMRCs next move. Will the case go to Tribunal - likely, but not certain.

My advice - sort your appeal (as an aside, get yourself a HMRC Gateway account if you haven't already, it means you can update your address and see your accounts online); join our support group and make sure you have all your documents (original tax returns, P11Ds, trustee contracts; trustee emails/comms etc) and keep them handy

Comment

09-10 SA

White Collars sent the appeal letter on behalf of me just before Xmas but I can still see the 09-10 demand under my Account in HMRC Portal. Is there anyone else that has asked White Collars to sent the appeal letter and?.. if yes... has the demand been removed from your account?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zarkana View Post
                  White Collars sent the appeal letter on behalf of me just before Xmas but I can still see the 09-10 demand under my Account in HMRC Portal. Is there anyone else that has asked White Collars to sent the appeal letter and?.. if yes... has the demand been removed from your account?

Thanks
                  Hi Zarkana

This isn't uncommon (it takes HMRC more than a few weeks to process the appeal, but provided it was in on time there is no dramas)..

I checked mine the other day and had the same, but made a quick call to HMRC and they confirmed it had been received (there's a phone number and case number on your assessment)

Comment

Hi mods, please could I have PM rights to join the group?
                    Thanks

<admin note>PM rights granted</admin note>

Comment

PM Rights

Hi Mods

Can I please have PM rights?

Comment

Working...
                      X