• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tax is taxing View Post
    I got a copy of the email too.

I thought the tone went the other way; i,e why would any body want to settle.....
    I was with Sanzar back in 2008 for a short time. Is there anyway of getting added to the group and also getting a copy of the email CH sent? I too have had the settlement letter but tbh was waiting for the APN.

regards

Comment

Any posts not specifically about Sanzar will be moved to this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...r-schemes.html

Don't start EBT generic debates here please.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi,

I have also received letters now from HMRC relating to my use of Sanzar in the 2010/2011 period (specifically I was with them August 2010 until the legislation changed and their product became defunct). It started with a £950 charge for "failure to complete self-assessment" which immediately became a five figure sum upon contacting them. It came to light they had been pursuing me at previous addresses since August 2013.

Would it be possible to be added to the private group or have PM facility activated please? I haven't responded with an appeal/request to delay as of yet and just read about holding off until 20+ days have passed so as not to give them any upper hand.

Comment

The game is up

Has anyone any confidence that Contractor Help-desk are in any meaningful discussions with Cobham Murphy or HMRC?

A fairer question may be is there anything they could be meaningfully doing?

Comment

Private group?

Hi,

I have seen a few requests to join the private Sanzar group on this thread however, having joined the group sometime ago, I haven't seen any new members actually join. Are those requesting access getting anywhere?

Cheers

Comment

I was one that requested access to private group but have not received any details.

Please add me when convenient

Thanks
              TT

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTucker View Post
                I was one that requested access to private group but have not received any details.

Please add me when convenient

Thanks
                TT
                I have sent you a PM

Comment

PM

Originally posted by terrythomas View Post
                  Hi,

I have seen a few requests to join the private Sanzar group on this thread however, having joined the group sometime ago, I haven't seen any new members actually join. Are those requesting access getting anywhere?

Cheers
                  I did too.

Have gone no where.

Comment

Originally posted by tax is taxing View Post
                    I did too.

Have gone no where.
                    Don't underestimate the effort in organising a group and keeping up the momentum. The matters to be dealt with by a group are slow and result in extended periods of quiet which never helps.

Comment

Originally posted by terrythomas View Post
                      I have sent you a PM
                      I also requested access.

regards

Comment

Working...
                      X