• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

group

Originally posted by Ata View Post
    Can I have the details of the Private group for ex Sanzar pls?
    Pls PM Thanks
    ATA - You don't have PM permissions yet - please re-request...

Comment

private group

I think I've PM'd joining instructions to all who have PM'd me over the last month or so, plus all those who have simply lodged a post in this thread. PM me if I've missed you.

Bear with me in responding as I'm stacked on my day job and the vetting procedure takes a bit of time per person.

The Settlement opportunity seems to have re-stimulated interest in the situation and, with the January deadline for the SO, now seems like a good time to discuss the situation within a trusted circle of people in precisely the same boat.

Cheers
      OKR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Kent Road View Post
        I think I've PM'd joining instructions to all who have PM'd me over the last month or so, plus all those who have simply lodged a post in this thread. PM me if I've missed you.

Bear with me in responding as I'm stacked on my day job and the vetting procedure takes a bit of time per person.

The Settlement opportunity seems to have re-stimulated interest in the situation and, with the January deadline for the SO, now seems like a good time to discuss the situation within a trusted circle of people in precisely the same boat.

Cheers
        OKR

Where there are groups being organised and an inevitable amount of administration to prevent ringers etc, it would be worth approaching HMRC to register an interest in the GROUP joining the settlement plan.

Those who wished to settle could then perhaps join the group even after the January deadline.

The joining of a group does not commit any individual to accepting the position eventually agreed.

I've posted elsewhere a version of how settlement mechanics work and the above could be accommodated within that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob79 View Post
          Where there are groups being organised and an inevitable amount of administration to prevent ringers etc, it would be worth approaching HMRC to register an interest in the GROUP joining the settlement plan.

Those who wished to settle could then perhaps join the group even after the January deadline.

The joining of a group does not commit any individual to accepting the position eventually agreed.

I've posted elsewhere a version of how settlement mechanics work and the above could be accommodated within that.
          Sorry Rob, but I still cannot get my head around regards settlement plan. HMRC want tax and interest end of "accepting position eventually agreed?". Or am I missing something special about these settlement plans.

Comment

Originally posted by horrada View Post
            Sorry Rob, but I still cannot get my head around regards settlement plan. HMRC want tax and interest end of "accepting position eventually agreed?". Or am I missing something special about these settlement plans.
            My understanding is that you can register an interest in being part of the settlement without committing to actually doing it. Consequently if you believe that a group might get better terms than an individual (personally I think that's unlikely - see previous posts) then you lose nothing by signing up.

That "have a look but not commit" position seems to be backed up by the forms that HMRC want, which say "see our calculation BEFORE you agree to settle". That would coincide with my opinion of how settlement works.

Comment

Latest CH Correspondence

Hi would it be possible to get a look at the letter as I've not had anything back from them sinse the initial contact. you can PM me. Cheers!

Originally posted by tax is taxing View Post
              I got a copy of the email too.

I thought the tone went the other way; i,e why would any body want to settle.....

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                Hi would it be possible to get a look at the letter as I've not had anything back from them sinse the initial contact. you can PM me. Cheers!
                If you want a copy of the letter then send a copy of the letter you received from HMRC to Contractor Helpdesk and they will reply. Surprisingly - the reply is rather sensible.

Please don't send information to others on this forum that you wouldn't want HMRC to see.

These forums are monitored by HMRC and asking for copies of docs is an easy way to get information.

Comment

CH response on Settlement Opportunity

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                  The CH email re above is posted in the private forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Kent Road View Post
                    The CH email re above is posted in the private forum.
                    hi Old Kent Road, can you please let me have access to the Sanzar private group?

regards

Comment

Please can I be added. I have received the letter from HRMC and not sure where to turn. afraid I had buried my head on this since getting the note as it was the first i had heard from HRMC about the issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X