• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazed View Post
    Hi all, does anyone on here have any advice on how to minimise our liability to interest payments. We are all responsible for paying the interest incurred if we are unsuccessful in our appeals, yet HMRC seem to have all the time they want to finalise our affairs. Is there anything we can do to minimise interest liabilities?
    Research The Certificate of Tax Deposit (CTD) scheme:

HM Revenue & Customs: The Certificate of Tax Deposit scheme
    "Under the Certificate of Tax Deposit scheme you can make deposits with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) for later use to pay off certain tax liabilities"
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Could someone tell me - why HMRC have not issued any letters before 2008/2009?

Comment

Sanzar have not abandoned us?

Originally posted by Wingkuen View Post
        I have been with sanzar since 08/09 to 10/11
        They are now Darwin & garraway
        I have had letters stating HMRC believe they are not loans
        I have been referred to contractor help desk who have very little info from ex sanzar, it looks like sanzar have done one appointed this help desk and Cobham to buy time
        Cobham won't talk to us and the help desk have no knowledge so when he funds run out where does tis leave us with Cobham as its clear they represent sanzar as they are paying them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't have the funds to pay for 3 years.

Please help

Thanks in advance
        Contractor helpdesk is run by CHLimited under the name of CH Services who have the same postal address (and PO box) as "Baker Tilly IOM", "Winchester Contracts" , MORGAN ELLIOT LIMITED , Naventhase Limited and DarwinEnergy. I would guess that DarwinEnergy are related to Darwin who would be connected to the Darwin and Garraway mentioned in another post. Even if Sanzar do not exist as an entity any more I think that there are enougth connections here that are still trading, that would not like it to be generally known that one of there associated companies just cut and run.

This makes me think that the CH helpdesk is a genuine attempt by the people who ran all these companies to ensure that user of Sansar and other schemes are not totally abandoned.

Comment

Sanzar / CHLimitex

Originally posted by monet View Post
          Contractor helpdesk is run by CHLimited under the name of CH Services who have the same postal address (and PO box) as "Baker Tilly IOM", "Winchester Contracts" , MORGAN ELLIOT LIMITED , Naventhase Limited and DarwinEnergy. I would guess that DarwinEnergy are related to Darwin who would be connected to the Darwin and Garraway mentioned in another post. Even if Sanzar do not exist as an entity any more I think that there are enougth connections here that are still trading, that would not like it to be generally known that one of there associated companies just cut and run.

This makes me think that the CH helpdesk is a genuine attempt by the people who ran all these companies to ensure that user of Sansar and other schemes are not totally abandoned.
          That's good digging... perhaps they haven't abandoned us but bear in mind all CH has done is funnelled queries in direction of Cobham Murphy who have done a few bulk appeal letters to Hmrc. Whilst this has been helpful we will only be able to tell what the real support is, and whether free or chargeable, if Hmrc try to challenge the scheme in anger.
          You would like to think the collection of scheme providers you listed, who may be very closely related, has a vested interest in defending the schemes to protect reputation for their existing customers and for future growth?

Comment

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
            Could someone tell me - why HMRC have not issued any letters before 2008/2009?
            Because they cannot do a discovery notice after 4 years

Comment

Any news from HMRC

Why haven't they issued they same letters for 2009/2010, 2010/2011 and all the years up to present? I was with Sanzar and want to team up with you all to fight HMRC on this. Has anyone had any feed back from the appeals letters?

Comment

Discovery Period

Just looking at this article:

SALF409 - Enquiries into Tax Returns: discovery assessments

As I think most users would've put in a tax return with the DOTAS information for the tax year 09/10, does this mean the our beloved HMRC cannot issue a discovery notice like they have for the 08/09 tax year?

Regards

Andy

Comment

Any update on this what happening?

Hi has anyone has any update on the whats happening from HMRC I want to know what possible outcome will be as having to stash cash away for the inevitable...

Comment

Originally posted by Golddustz1 View Post
                    Hi has anyone has any update on the whats happening from HMRC I want to know what possible outcome will be as having to stash cash away for the inevitable...
                    Nothing further has been heard from CH as far as I understand things on this. But it seems very likely HMRC will have responded to CH by now.

It's my personal opinion, and it is just an opinion, that CH Helpdesk has been setup by Sanzar to deflect a possible defence whereby Sanzar or their UK establishment, are considered the employer and therefore liable. I see another poster earlier unearthed a trail linking various bodies to CH. I see some other people have been refused assistance by CH because they filed their own appeals.

This all seems rather sketchy to me and I was pretty unimpressed by CH when I spoke to them and therefore also decided to take my own independent advice.

Did anyone out there declare their loans on their tax returns, as some people I know did? PM me if you don't feel comfortable discussing it here, but I feel this may apply to such cases: HMRC not entitled to discovery assessment | AccountingWEB

Comment

FYI

Next meeting between HMRC and Cobham Murphy due to take place 29th July.

Comment

Working...
                      X