• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

Those of us with Boox are also pleased. CK can set case law that helps us.
    Be good if Boox had helped out in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Might be a while off that yet as I don’t think a FTT sets case law. I am a lay person and could be wrong, of course.
      I think you are correct, but CK have money for at least the first two appeals as I understand things.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

I think you are correct, but CK have money for at least the first two appeals as I understand things.
        At least that and more. I am not sure though if Ck and Boox cases are the same anymore, after the posting a few pages back we saw from a new Boox client.
        Seems at this stage just CK going to FTT (next year expected) and the test cases are being agreed over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Might be a while off that yet as I don’t think a FTT sets case law. I am a lay person and could be wrong, of course.
          Correct, no case law until UTTT and above, but the first one that gets to FTTT would presumably reach UTTT first too, assuming the funds are there (CK are making those noises) and there are still points to dispute (there will be, either way).

Comment

Can anyone share how long did it take to get a response from HMRC after submitting an appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by ritwolf View Post
              Can anyone share how long did it take to get a response from HMRC after submitting an appeal?
              Weeks - they did them in alphabetical order by company name.

Comment

Hey all,

I am a former Boox customer. Now with a different accountant.

I received a notice of decision saying that my company is liable on March 15. I have only just opened the letter today thus making any potential appeal I may send late. I was not checking the postbox as originally all the initial appeals and responses were going to and from Boox and it was just not on my radar. I am clearly not an MSC and have emails that should show that.

I am freaking out a bit by the face that I am late to make another appeal and what I should be doing as I am appealing on my own without Boox. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by dpw123 View Post
                  Hey all,

I am a former Boox customer. Now with a different accountant.

I received a notice of decision saying that my company is liable on March 15. I have only just opened the letter today thus making any potential appeal I may send late. I was not checking the postbox as originally all the initial appeals and responses were going to and from Boox and it was just not on my radar. I am clearly not an MSC and have emails that should show that.

I am freaking out a bit by the face that I am late to make another appeal and what I should be doing as I am appealing on my own without Boox. Any advice would be appreciated.
                  I found HMRC to be quite helpful at the individual staff member level and have had my case stood over. I followed the instructions on the letter and sent in paperwork to support my case with a detailed letter regarding the MSC legislation and how it didn't affect me. I also sent the letter recorded so that they would have to sign for delivery.

<mod snip - do not publish individual names at HMRC>

I also phoned them every couple of days and spent hours on the phone in queues

It took a few weeks but eventually I got a reply.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 June 2023, 17:13.

Comment

Hello all,
                    Im facing the same issue i received the notice from hmrc in Feb 2023 for tax year 2018 to 2020 . I used the boox accountancy firm.

Is there any whats app group where the matter is discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzynavel View Post

I found HMRC to be quite helpful at the individual staff member level and have had my case stood over. I followed the instructions on the letter and sent in paperwork to support my case with a detailed letter regarding the MSC legislation and how it didn't affect me. I also sent the letter recorded so that they would have to sign for delivery.

I also phoned them every couple of days and spent hours on the phone in queues

It took a few weeks but eventually I got a reply.
                      What number did you call? I've emailed several times regarding Payment On Account but I haven't got any answer. If you could please share the phone number I'll try that as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X