• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce88 View Post
    ...I understand the initial appeals are being stood over, without really being looked at in detail by HMRC.
    Almost certainly this.

The only thing that matters is to get your appeal in within the time limit (30 days?), and include the required wording. I think it needs to say something about requesting postponement of payment as well as that you want to appeal. That's why it's not a bad idea to use a proven template.

Also, send it recorded delivery.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Just got my 2018/19 and 2019/20 determinations in the post, dated 23 November 2022!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post
        Just got my 2018/19 and 2019/20 determinations in the post, dated 23 November 2022!
        Oh no that's bad.

So you have technically missed your deadline to appeal, whilst it's a worrying turn there are several on here who seem to have had theirs issued/dated about 9 months ago (and only just received) and AFAIK not had to pay up

HRMC surely can't blame the posties for this?

Comment

First time posting here with nothing useful to contribute other than just vent and sit in self-pity.
          Just added up how much CT and DT I payed for the 3 years in question and it totalled to £119K (If I include S455 Tax) and £97K if I don't include it.

HMRC is asking me to cough up £100K.

What are the chances that they could calculate it properly and I could just pay them 3k and be done with it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by raiden430 View Post
            First time posting here with nothing useful to contribute other than just vent and sit in self-pity.
            Just added up how much CT and DT I payed for the 3 years in question and it totalled to £119K (If I include S455 Tax) and £97K if I don't include it.

What are the chances that they could calculate it properly and I could just pay them 3k and be done with it lol.
            Have you factored in NI claims?

Comment

Originally posted by Chevalier View Post

Have you factored in NI claims?
              The latest letter I received from HMRC includes Tax + Class 1 NIC for the 3 years + Interest.

It's a total joke. They're asking for 100K when I've already paid 119K?

Comment

The latest letter I received from HMRC includes Tax + Class 1 NIC for the 3 years + Interest.

It's a total joke. They're asking for 100K when I've already paid 119K?
                Plus interest? Can you expand on this please? I think it's the first time we have seen an interest amount actually calculated.

As to your other point if you have paid your CT and DT then you should.... should get that back... HMRC are still edgy on this.
                So the liability if they win will be your Employers NIC * the number of years, very roughly.

Comment

I think many of us based just on the determination letters had our bills reduced to nothing or even negative.

They then hit you with NIC

Comment

I can give an example. This is part of the letter

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230112_150718.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	4249242
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow so that's either 11% interest on the whole lot
                      or
                      20%! on the determinations.

Where the hell do they get that rate from and that is utterly outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                      X