• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supergirl007 View Post
    Have you guys just received a request for monies to help fight this case with Churchill Knight? I am so screwed. All I did was have them look after my invoicing and bookkeeping. They are not responsible for telling me how much I can earn or take or anything. They have always been my own choices.
    Be very careful with what you say - why was your accountancy firm issuing invoices for you - that could (to HMRC) easily look CK were running your business for you on a day to day basis
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Regarding the amounts being asked for - given the number of contractors involved they seem to be asking for £millions and while tribunals are expensive they aren’t that expensive

worse they are doing the exact thing hmrc hates, asking for money proportional to the profit made

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Be very careful with what you say - why was your accountancy firm issuing invoices for you - that could (to HMRC) easily look CK were running your business for you on a day to day basis
        Oh Dear, I missed that bit, I was focusing on the money.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Lets say £7000 average liability and we have 1000 contractors under CKA being investigated.....£7m to fight 5 tribunal cases....

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Oh Dear, I missed that bit, I was focusing on the money.
            For this stuff the devil really is in the detail and the clue is in the name.

the accountancy firm shouldn’t be doing day to day management items such as issuing invoices - that is the very definition of someone else managing your business as a service on your behalf

Comment

Originally posted by Bonerp View Post
              Lets say £7000 average liability and we have 1000 contractors under CKA being investigated.....£7m to fight 5 tribunal cases....
              First level tribunal costs would be £250,000 at most - and most of that would be on gags to stop the 5 directors saying the wrong thing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Exactly this eek they have said this from day one! Very odd they are not asking for the money to go to the firm of solicitors or ESCROW or independent body.

This has all the look and feel of a company about to go bankrupt!

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

This has all the look and feel of a company about to go bankrupt!
                  That is my feeling also. They're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergirl007 View Post
                    Have you guys just received a request for monies to help fight this case with Churchill Knight? I am so screwed. All I did was have them look after my invoicing and bookkeeping. They are not responsible for telling me how much I can earn or take or anything. They have always been my own choices.
                    I have seen the announcement yes. Full transparency here I was one of the 73 companies released recently so although I no longer involved as much, that is an outrageous claim and amount from CK. Apparently everyone has also been hit with three years of nothing like what they received as determinations thus arriving at a vastly inflated % to fund the case.

I would think very carefully now about simply letting this play out in court and then representing yourself at a tribunal afterwards if CK lose. The amount of money they are asking for is way over the one million pounds David Kirk and others have estimated to be need, and they (DK and others) factor in amounts for appeals.

We are all innocents here and if CK weren't about to disappear with it seems clients money it would be worth us getting together to sue them.
                    Last edited by GregRickshaw; 2 November 2022, 16:21.

Comment

In case there is any poor soul still using CK's accountancy services for their LTD. Leave them as soon as you can.

Comment

Working...
                      X