• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Umbrella loan repayment pending?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zulucod View Post

So informed my Umbrella that I have declared the loans to HMRC but umbrella still state they can't write off the loan as it might jeopardise their many 1000 other contractors/employees.
    That's clearly nonsense. The game is up on loan schemes and they know it. writing your loan off won't jeopardise anyone.
    Last edited by piebaps; 27 October 2022, 16:07. Reason: Complaint

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post

That's clearly horse/bull tulip. The game is up on loan schemes and they know it. writing your loan off won't jeopardise anyone.
      I agree. Writing off one person's loans, because they've settled with HMRC, won't affect anyone else's position. Other schemes have not had any qualms about doing this for people.

Unfortunately, if you can't persuade them to do it, there's probably not much you can do to make them.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post

That's clearly horse/bull tulip. The game is up on loan schemes and they know it. writing your loan off won't jeopardise anyone.
        Any ideas as to why they won’t write it off? Are they still in denial or ulterior motives like selling it off?

Comment

Any ideas as to why they won’t write it off? Are they still in denial or ulterior motives like selling it off?
          Who knows. I would keep chasing them about the discussion they were meant to be having with Venables.

I know someone in another scheme where the company was resisting writing the loans off. The person just kept asking every couple of weeks or so and eventually they gave in.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Thank you all, will update thread once HMRC get back to me and any response from my umbrella.
            Last edited by zulucod; 23 April 2021, 10:59.

Comment

Please do - if a mod thinks it’s inappropriate I’m sure they can remove the name if they want to
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes, no harm in naming the scheme.

There may be others reading this forum, in the same situation as you, who want to get the loans written off.

Comment

Advised to remove information whilst awaiting legal input.
                  Last edited by zulucod; 23 April 2021, 10:58.

Comment

Umbrella in question is Elite Synergy, also known as elite management and consultancy. I was referred to them via my medical agency RM medics.
                    Thanks. Their website (Elite Synergy) is kind of "interesting". (The companies house page too.)
                    Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 30 March 2021, 12:46.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Thanks. Their website (Elite Synergy) is kind of "interesting".
                      What do you make of their website/company house page? Writing on the wall?
                      Last edited by zulucod; 31 March 2021, 08:53.

Comment

Working...
                      X