• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10% taken off loans and salary as an expense when settling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickyboyc View Post
    HMRC don't give a f88k about treating people equally and fairly. It's just about getting the most out of each tax payer they can. It's why they don't tell you or even ask you if you may have incurred any expenses when calculating your settlement figures. For the years I've settled they never looked at or referred to my tax returns in any case.
    given that this was caused by use of a tax avoidance scheme I'm not sure the irony meter can cope.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post
      I settled with HMRC without the 10% claimed of the loan and already paid 1/3rd of the settlement....

Any chance I can get the 10% off? Could I write them a letter telling they stipulated they should treat everyone fairly, equally and the same? Maybe they'd give me a 10% reduction?

Thank you
      As you've agreed a deal - I really can't see your complaint getting very far.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If retrospection is acceptable then it should be acceptable by all parties.

Comment

Working...
        X