• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Employment Services Limited liquidation 'loan' repayments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bestemployee

Have you had a read of this https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...aa4ca6503759a9

Or this https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...dc8ee3529ef0e1

The creditors here are either HMRC or 2 other IOM companies which may or may not be linked to Sacco. The liquidator is looking to recover money for them and has a duty to determine whether the loans are recoverable. How they were treated for tax purposes is not strictly relevant.

You'll kinda get a flavour of what you were involved in. We have UK workers, but admin in the IOM, the debt book being sold to a company in Anguilla and incomplete records This is why you need advice from someone who knows about these things.
    Last edited by piebaps; 27 October 2022, 15:31. Reason: Complaint

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
      Bestemployee

Have you had a read of this https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...aa4ca6503759a9

Or this https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...dc8ee3529ef0e1

The creditors here are either HMRC or 2 other IOM companies which may or may not be linked to Sacco. The liquidator is looking to recover money for them and has a duty to determine whether the loans are recoverable. How they were treated for tax purposes is not strictly relevant.

You'll kinda get a flavour of what you were involved in. We have UK workers, but admin in the IOM, the debt book being sold to a company in Anguilla, incomplete records and a Maltese snake. This is why you need advice from someone who knows about these things.
      Already timed out so you would be better linking to the company house records - tell me the companies and I will do it for you if you prefer.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

LOL eek, those were company house records!

BEST EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

It was the statement of affairs at 02.04.2019 and the Liquidator's statement at 11.03.2020

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
          LOL eek, those were company house records!

BEST EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

It was the statement of affairs at 02.04.2019 and the Liquidator's statement at 11.03.2020

Thanks
          You've done all that can be done then as any more will time out within 30 minutes.

Click on the link and then find the appropriate documents (currently it's the 3rd one down and the top 1).

It's worth saying that the Statement of Affairs lists debts of £3,365.716 but the Liquidator's statement mentions debts of £10,457,005 - so we don't know exactly what is owed to whom.

What we can also say is that the Anguilla company doesn't seem to have been assigned the assets as was planned (item 4.26 in the statement).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Any progress?

Originally posted by Noonoo View Post
            These were not loans. They were salaries paid by an agency or employer to Best Employment Services who then paid them on. For the liquidators to now be demanding the monies back is preposterous.

They received the funds and now they want us to pay our salaries back? The analogy about a Barclays loan is so incorrect i don't even have the energy to pick the multiple holes in it.

Not to even get started on the single biggest issue of HMRC retrospectively making something illegal. How can that even be a thing?
            Did you have any luck resolving this? I'm in the same boat and just made contact with WTT.

Comment

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck finding out what is the situation with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Singh1980 View Post
                Hi,

Has anyone had any luck finding out what is the situation with this?
                See my reply to your post in the other thread.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

As an addendum to this thread…

Mr Adrian Sacco has been banned from being a Director for 8 years

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov...umber=09473810
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    As an addendum to this thread…

Mr Adrian Sacco has been banned from being a Director for 8 years

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov...umber=09473810
                    I'd like to be happy, but people like Sacco lead charmed lives, they don't worry about such trifling matters.
                    They make their living skirting around the rules. This is just a minor inconvenience, he will have a lackey waiting in the wing, to be the front man for his nefarious operations going forward.

I don't feel the authorities showed enough teeth when dealing with this matter. Should have been dealt with by the criminal courts. They even withheld his address, contrary to how they dealt with others.

Comment

Hi , is there any update with this. Does anyone know the current status of what is happening. .Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X