• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
    Best bet snooky is to get yourself a brew, put your feet up and read the whole thread. You'll get a better perspective.

The simple answer to your question is that the limitation clock starts ticking from the point when the lender asks for repayment. With a regular loan, that's likely to be the first agreed payment which you missed. You'll need to check the small print of your loan agreement to determine this.

That brings you neatly to some follow-up questions;

Under what country's law was the loan made?
    If it was the UK then the UK "statute of limitations" whatever that is, will apply.
    If however the loan agreement is subject to the laws of another jurisdiction, then clearly UK law won't apply. What is the law in the other country?

It's a right old pile of steaming bulltulip I'm afraid. The detail however will all be in the loan agreement.

Good luck.
    I have kept all my emails and documents and I never signed or am I in possession of any loan agreement, I have requested that if they have such a document that they send it to me. 15 months later they still have not provided anything to me, just loads of emails with many different settlement amounts and deadlines.
    They did email me an assignment of a loan between themselves and a 3rd pty company which awhich does not bear my signature!I'm just fed up and stressed out with this harassment!

Comment

Originally posted by WJK View Post
      I have kept all my emails and documents and I never signed or am I in possession of any loan agreement, I have requested that if they have such a document that they send it to me. 15 months later they still have not provided anything to me, just loads of emails with many different settlement amounts and deadlines.
      They did email me an assignment of a loan between themselves and a 3rd pty company which awhich does not bear my signature!I'm just fed up and stressed out with this harassment!
      Why would a contract transferring ownership of a debt from company a to company b have the borrowers signature on it. It should have the signature of the companies selling and buying the debt
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I checked online @ Newcastle county court and found no cases heard on 23rd March, now I may have missed something on my search criteria but on viewing cases it dislpayed all but could not see 23rd??
        Historic cases aren’t recorded online - you will need to phone the court and try to identify if there was a bankruptcy hearing that day
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Historic cases aren’t recorded online - you will need to phone the court and try to identify if there was a bankruptcy hearing that day
          There were many cases listed going back to 2020, none showed the case 0001 as stated hence why I said the search criteria may have been questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Why would a contract transferring ownership of a debt from company a to company b have the borrowers signature on it. It should have the signature of the companies selling and buying the debt
            Fully agree just my frustration spilling out. Still if they were so cock sure why dont they send me the so call original agreement?
            Also would I be right in saying that legally when a perceived loan is transferred to another company the loanee has to be notified that this has been done?

Comment

Fully agree just my frustration spilling out. Still if they were so cock sure why dont they send me the so call original agreement?
              Also would I be right in saying that legally when a perceived loan is transferred to another company the loanee has to be notified that this has been done?
              By the original holder and within a 3 month period?

Comment

At some stage in the past WJK you have entered into an arrangement under which the people you were working for didn't pay you directly. Instead, after doing the work, your pay was send to a totally different company which then paid some of it to you and the bulk of it into a (probably offshore) trust who in turn pretended to loan your pay back to you. (Apologies for the crude summary and no offence is intended by it).

This arrangement clearly can't happen without your consent. Somewhere in all your emails and documents there will be something which underpins the arrangement. You may or may not have put a wet signature on it, but you must have agreed to it. It may not say "Loan Agreement" and it may not look like a conventional loan arrangement but that is what it is. This is the document you'll need to start the process of unraveling the tulip-storm which you have found yourself in.

Obviously if the person paying your wages paid them to a total stranger without your consent then your method of redress is perhaps a little simpler, although likely to be time barred.

Comment

In England, perhaps. But your loan is very likely off shore, so not covered by any English or UK law.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

As already pointed out by others, somewhere along the line you agreed that your income would be paid to a 3rd party rather than directly to yourself. Then (most of it) was loaned back to you. If you hadn't agreed to that, you would not be here now saying this.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

As many wise people hear (most of which aren’t being chased by Felicitas but all have an opinion) are pointing out the facts on how this Scheme's worked (which is a fair reflection on what actually happened) there are a couple of points that are still unclear to me.

1. For the majority of us we have paid in full all tax due based on the Income received so if we end up paying the full loan amounts back do we have an argument to receive our tax back from Hector? - once again people will jump on the band wagon and say it’s possible that both is due - but in all seriousness do we all think Judges are thick and that they will ignore the history? and the written evidence that most of us have......

2. Why when I ask Felicitas to produce my documents they cannot and the ones the show me are all different to what I have anyway?

3. Why when I ask Felicitas to produce proof of purchasing the loans from the Trust, they can’t share it?

4. Was this really in the interest of the Trust and Trustees?

5. These so-called loans at best were unsecured loans so in my opinion take me to court, happy to have my day.

Realistically someone at HMRC will have to explain what’s been going on and I believe that Judges are interested in the facts unlike some people here who would have you think they are only interest in what’s before them.

Believe me if someone stands up in court and says "well I've paid all tax due as it wasn’t Loans it was income as stated by the crown" but now these people want their pound of flesh too it's hard to understand why I judge would agree to Felicitas demands. Especially if we throw in the email and texts and offers of 5 and 10% settlements.

Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 April 2021, 12:10.

Comment

Working...
                      X