• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its really quite simple, when you joined the scheme you agreed that what you earn from your end client went to the scheme provider in return for the scheme provider paying you an agreed amount of £94 a day.

So the question is who actually got the rest of the money that isn’t explicitly mentioned in the contract and then as a secondary question how did that other money end up in your current account

as that is the whole part of what becomes a philosophical argument, some of us believe it was a loan that will need to be repaid because while the paperwork is missing, the payment itself is enough to prove that a loan is in place (so when they ask for repayment it will need to be repaid) while others believe the lack of paperwork means the loan won’t need to be repaid.
    Again, rubbish! You are making an assumption, and there are plenty that can be made as to what these transactions were.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
      Again, rubbish! You are making an assumption, and there are plenty that can be made as to what these transactions were.
      As I said a philosophical argument which to me doesn't matter but to the people who joined the scheme potentially the difference between a nice retirement or a somewhat less nice one.

What I find interesting is people who know how these scheme work all seem to think there is a problem, it is only the people who joined the schemes who don't..

So let me repeat this again

The things you need to check are:-

1) is there any actual paperwork that this wasn't a loan or that it's been settled / paid off.
      2) is the loan time served and expired in the country the loan came from (laws are different in Scotland to England but these loans may be from the IoM where again different rules apply).
      3) and then finally if things get to court, does the person going to court actually own the debt

Oh and don't expect the fact IoM courts require lawyers to be paid up front. The cost of bringing a case to an IoM court is significantly cheaper than bringing a case to an English court which may more than cover the legal fees. For £250,000 an English court requires £10,000 in fees, in the IoM its £1243.50
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk
        Why would you close a post when it has been the source of strength and hope for many during these very worrying times. A few disagreements is fine it's healthy debate. We are heading to the pointy end of this debacle now and we need to be able to talk to each other, people will have different views, all of us will have different schemes, deals and offers.

Closing this now is very odd that you would think such a thing, no one is being abusive, bullying or using bad language it's just opinions and options.
        That's not what I'm seeing - I'm seeing posters who know far less than they think they do post inaccurate information as if it was fact.

Comment

Why would you close a post when it has been the source of strength and hope for many during these very worrying times. A few disagreements is fine it's healthy debate. We are heading to the pointy end of this debacle now and we need to be able to talk to each other, people will have different views, all of us will have different schemes, deals and offers.

Closing this now is very odd that you would think such a thing, no one is being abusive, bullying or using bad language it's just opinions and options.
          So keep it that way.

When I see abuse or receive complaints, I will wade in again.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek
            You had better close this thread then as the posters that are left will be posting ideas that may be positively dangerous.
            Only to those daft enough to take them at face value.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

It's the ones that keep piping up saying it doesn't affect them or weren't in a scheme talk the most bollocks ... some of the patter and advice on this thread is honking!

There is also a lot of good folk on here who are quite rightly concerned ... Try not to listen to the argumentative doom merchants!

Comment

Originally posted by shampoo View Post
                It's the ones that keep piping up saying it doesn't affect them or weren't in a scheme talk the most bollocks ... some of the patter and advice on this thread is honking!

There is also a lot of good folk on here who are quite rightly concerned ... Try not to listen to the argumentative doom merchants!
                The people who are trying to inject a dose of reality are the ones I respect and trust in this area, it’s webberg’s business and eek has spent the last 7 years researching this stuff. Piebaps actually has first hand experience in HMRC Enquiries.

Just because people want to believe something to be true doesn’t make it so.

Comment

<Mod: Quote removed at poster's request.>

The Darwin contract posted earlier refers to self employment ... When you’re self employed its up to you as an individual to take care of your tax affairs ... It was never a loan but payment for services ... once paid its up to the self employed individual to declare and pay the correct taxes on his/her income.
                  Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 11:26. Reason: Quote removal

Comment

Trust

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    The people who are trying to inject a dose of reality are the ones I respect and trust in this area, it’s webberg’s business and eek has spent the last 7 years researching this stuff. Piebaps actually has first hand experience in HMRC Enquiries.

Just because people want to believe something to be true doesn’t make it so.
                    Go and seek legal advice if you can afford it rather than relying on people who have turned this forum toxic.

Comment

That's all it is here a debt collection dispute.
                      But it's a debt collection dispute with the added complexity that the IoM is involved and worse it's not just IoM contract and debt laws it's also IoM trust law which adds even more complexities / opacity and could potentially override whole sections of the things you might otherwise rely on..

Now it's perfectly possible that the IoM is irrelevant and this is (as you hope) just a debt argument within standard English law but I don't think it is - I suspect it's far more awkward than that

Which means the first question you need to ask yourself when seeking legal advice is, for which country's laws do you need that legal advice England (possibly Scotland) or the IoM or worse, all of them?
                      Last edited by eek; 14 August 2020, 13:18.

Comment

Working...
                      X