• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Not exactly. Phil has done massive amounts of stuff for free in the interests of people affected.
    EXACTLY! .... As someone judgementally stated earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Don't know the guy and never will. But in the time he was here, he came across publicly (in my opinion) as a very loose cannon indeed. I would have a very hard time trusting him or beliving anything he said or was involved in. Others may have different opinions, naturally.
      Of course you are entitled to your opinion - however reading this I feel obliged to voice mine. Personally I don’t think that you could be more wrong. Phil is probably one of the most genuine and least likely person to do anything for his own personal monetary gain that I have ever come across. In fact I’d go as far as to say that I suspect he could have made an absolute fortune but instead has tried to help more people than anyone will ever know!!.

Comment

Originally posted by pt101 View Post
        Of course you are entitled to your opinion - however reading this I feel obliged to voice mine. Personally I don’t think that you could be more wrong. Phil is probably one of the most genuine and least likely person to do anything for his own personal monetary gain that I have ever come across. In fact I’d go as far as to say that I suspect he could have made an absolute fortune but instead has tried to help more people than anyone will ever know!!.

I dont know the guy. I use to follow him on twitter and read his posts but from what i saw I would say he was one of the good guys.

As also is Graham Webber I would add.

Its a shame as it would massively benefit our situation if all these guys includinig Matt Hall all got on and clubbed together. They all have an extremly good knowledge of the subject and are powerful voices.
        Last edited by lowpaidworker; 30 April 2020, 10:36.

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
          I dont know the guy. I use to follow him on twitter and read his posts but from what i saw I would say he was one of the good guys.

As also is Graham Webber I would add.

Its a shame as it would massively benefit our situation if all these guys includinig Matt Hall all got on and clubbed together. They all have an extremly good knowledge of the subject and are powerful voices.
          Hi Many thanks for this post. Most appreciated. Ive in the last few mins posted a new thread which sets out my position but its going through the mods as ive had to do from a new account (as I don't recall my old login details)
          Assume the post is allowed it points out, amongst other things, that myself Matt and WTT actually do discuss matters. indeed I speak to MH most days and on a fairly regular basis have discussions with Rhys from WTT and despite (quite large)differences of opinion on BG we agree that getting rid of the LC is a common goal.
          Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
            Not being abusive at all here, but, really? Who cares about whether Phil ‘pops in’ or not?
            Phil has crafted a cult of personality. All these tax advisors are like characters off tiger King

Comment

Originally posted by Pennydroppers View Post
              Phil has crafted a cult of personality. All these tax advisors are like characters off tiger King
              There's only on Tax Tiger King and that's Phil Gilbert. I would add a picture but I don't have the required permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL17 View Post
                There's only on Tax Tiger King and that's Phil Gilbert. I would add a picture but I don't have the required permissions.
                So he's the HMRC goon in charge of the LC?

I bet he ain't feeling so smug now.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL17 View Post

There's a difference between not having the required permissions and not having the knowledge of how to do it in the right part of the forum. We have disabled posting images in the accounting forums in an attempt to keep them tidy and professional.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Much as I don't like Phil's history, comparing him to a psychopathic murderer is not really on.

So please don't continue in that vein.

(I however would be pleased to be compared to Villanelle. So much more exotic than Mick Hucknell...)
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      There's a difference between not having the required permissions and not having the knowledge of how to do it in the right part of the forum. We have disabled posting images in the accounting forums in an attempt to keep them tidy and professional.
                      That knowledge isn’t particularly useful when it’s specifically this thread I would like to have been able to add the picture to rather than posting it elsewhere on the forum. I understand and why I don’t have the permissions to add a picture to this thread and that’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X