• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Proves nothing. I get calls from "local" numbers every day. If they can spoof that, you think they can't spoof a UK ringtone?
    See other response - I have nothing to hide. Im currently in London kinds wishing I was somewhere nicer tbh :-)
    Why you think i'd 'spoof' anything is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
      See other response - I have nothing to hide. Im currently in London kinds wishing I was somewhere nicer tbh :-)
      Why you think i'd 'spoof' anything is beyond me.
      I didn't say you would, and I don't think you do. Just pointing out the folly of believing a "uk" ring tone means anything. Might help the OP when dealing with people who really are spammers.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have a question - when is admin going to change your username to phil@pmtc ?

Comment

I didn't say you would, and I don't think you do. Just pointing out the folly of believing a "uk" ring tone means anything. Might help the OP when dealing with people who really are spammers.
          fair enough, ta

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I have a question - when is admin going to change your username to phil@pmtc ?
            Erm yes good point. Admin please assist!

Comment

Thanks but I'm not a naive numpty
              My angle was that I would never think Phil would spoof anything like that, it just is not something that would cross my mind regarding him. He's told me when he's been out of the country so I guess I just trust him more.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                Where did you get Portugal from? It says Kent here:

DOW SCHOFIELD WATTS TAX RESOLUTION LLP - Officers (free information from Companies House)
                PMTC LTD - Officers (free information from Companies House)

EDIT - Actually cancel that you are correct!

Correspondence address = Kent
                Country of Residence = Portugal

So my question is - has Phil moved to Portugal?
                Why does anyone care where I live? Its not LC or tax related. Its based on weather, happiness and personal choice. You can get from Portugal to London as fast as from say Scotland to London. As mentioned in another post, its all irrelevant as i'm currently sitting in a rather miserable and somewhat overpriced London hotel. To query what country I choose to reside in is, in my opinion, rather pointless. Indeed if it was within my capabilities id rather spend my time hanging out in Hawaii as I find its a tad better than my time in Manchester. I remain confused why this is a topic of conversation.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Portugal mate, Ive retired there myself.

Beautiful country, lovely weather,nice people ( who love the Brits unlike most continentals), cheap beer....what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by Calmbeforethestorm View Post
                    Nothing wrong with Portugal mate, Ive retired there myself.

Beautiful country, lovely weather,nice people ( who love the Brits unlike most continentals), cheap beer....what's not to like?
                    You’ve used the word “Brits”, when you mean “English”
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by phil@pmtc View Post
                      Erm yes good point. Admin please assist!
                      Sorted

Originally posted by phil@pmtc View Post
                      Why does anyone care where I live? Its not LC or tax related. Its based on weather, happiness and personal choice. You can get from Portugal to London as fast as from say Scotland to London. As mentioned in another post, its all irrelevant as i'm currently sitting in a rather miserable and somewhat overpriced London hotel. To query what country I choose to reside in is, in my opinion, rather pointless. Indeed if it was within my capabilities id rather spend my time hanging out in Hawaii as I find its a tad better than my time in Manchester. I remain confused why this is a topic of conversation.
                      Possibly because people are nervous about what is happening with you moving companies and being featured in The Times as being named by HMRC as being "accused of tax avoidance" and "involved with the scheme, designed to help freelancers avoid paying the loan charge". It could make people question your integrity and when they find you are overseas it could make them wonder if you had done a moonlight flit

You stated in a post last night that you would take legal action against anyone else who called you a slippery crook. Are you taking action against the times for saying that you have been accused over tax avoidance? Some commentary from you on the article would be of use.

Comment

Working...
                      X