• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stupidly made a mistake and logged on to their site, I uploaded my ID at stage 1 and that's all, But in all fairness when they emailed me they already knew who I was!

Any advice?
    Last edited by snk888; 20 December 2018, 21:35.

Comment

The consensus appears to be that THL are legitimate and have been engaged by the Trustees to deal with the fallout from the scheme. However they appear to be connected to the original scheme operators and that may mean their advice and/or services are not wholly independent.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
        Thanks pie baps. I did find a lot more info on this.

Do anyone know if IHT would apply and how much inheritance tax would be or can be calculated? I had loans of £80k.

Comment

Text from THL aka Helpline Services Ltd.

I just got a text from these guys. It said 'we've been trying to contact you, this is about the loan charge', and inviting me to log in at their portal. Except, if they have my mobile number why didn't they try calling me?

It does look as if they've been sold or handed a lot of details. Anyway, I looked these clowns up on the companies house website. They incorporated in December 2017, about a year and a half after letters from HMRC started landing on doormats. One of the (2) directors, Chloe Louise James, reaches the grand old age of 20 this coming May. This is a director with a 75% share of the business who was 18 when the company incorporated. The other director, Leyya Djoma, has some other interests that she is linked to on companies house, none of which have anything to do with taxation or accountancy. She also pops up on other business searches as a director of around 9 companies with unspecified wholesale activities as their descriptions.

This has 'scam' written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf the Younger View Post
            I just got a text from these guys. It said 'we've been trying to contact you, this is about the loan charge', and inviting me to log in at their portal. Except, if they have my mobile number why didn't they try calling me?
            The reason is very simple.

You have protections against cold callers (the cooling off period being one) that you don’t have if you invite/call them first. They will be very careful to log your first call and then claim that by calling them, you allowed them to do whatever they subsequently do.

It’s a basic gullible’s opening gambit.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You're probably a little off target here Willy.

The users of these schemes entered into contracts with Winchester and the others. Those contracts will show who exactly the contracting parties were. If one of those parties was an Isle of Man company, then the contract could be under Isle of Man law. While this is broadly similar to UK, it is not the same and actions for data breaches will be via the Isle of Man Information Commissioner. He has a website and is quite active on data breaches so look up the site and report away. Isle of Man Information Commissioner

You may find however that the underlying contracts allow for details to be passed to associated companies and as you have rightly pointed out THL is obviously associated. Timing is also a factor. The GDPR only came into force comparatively recently and some of these arrangements are very old. The data may have been passed to THL before the consent requirements of GDPR were in effect.
              Yes, I was probably in Rant mode.
              I am looking on this Contractor UK website today, to see if there are any updates, as I have now today received a text message from Longacre (Who incidentally, I didn't use) I was through Sanzar, asking me to contact them regarding the Loan Charge.
              So..... are the former directors of Sanzar passing on details? Or are they possibly the ones behind the 5% loan write off certificates? Are they just trying to get their last bite of the buck before retiring on their Yachts?
              I for one will be ignoring this text, and all other correspondence from these shysters.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                The reason is very simple.

You have protections against cold callers (the cooling off period being one) that you don’t have if you invite/call them first. They will be very careful to log your first call and then claim that by calling them, you allowed them to do whatever they subsequently do.

It’s a basic gullible’s opening gambit.
                GREAT bit of information there Cojak. Have another lollipop!
                All the more reason to totally ignore these s
                If everyone ignored them, they would get no income, and would collapse?
                And I was trying to get my head around why these are such young girls? Maybe they have been coerced into being directors for someone else who is remaining behind the scenes? Or has been banned from being a director themselves?

Comment

The consensus appears to be that THL are legitimate and have been engaged by the Trustees to deal with the fallout from the scheme. However they appear to be connected to the original scheme operators and that may mean their advice and/or services are not wholly independent.
                  --------------

They might have a company structure to operate through but anyone representing non compliant disguised remuneration schemes is a worry. I am happy to have settled with HMRC and will not engage with Trust Helpline at all, even the emails they send are desperate.

It took me a few months to settle with HMRC but I am relieved I did. If in the event Trust Helpline are chasing me I am happy to enter a court and have a HMRC representative state these are non compliant Trusts and also the promoters who miss sold these schemes are culpable. There is much guidance now on HMRC asking these promoters to take down their misleading advertising. Tax avoidance: disguised remuneration - GOV.UK

Surely a judge would see that HMRC classify these schemes as "tax avoidance disguised remuneration", that would be hard for even the shadiest lawyer to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wicket View Post
                    GREAT bit of information there Cojak. Have another lollipop!
                    All the more reason to totally ignore these s
                    If everyone ignored them, they would get no income, and would collapse?
                    And I was trying to get my head around why these are such young girls? Maybe they have been coerced into being directors for someone else who is remaining behind the scenes? Or has been banned from being a director themselves?

---------

I agree don't pay them any attention, if you need to settle anything I would go the HMRC route... Anyone representing anti avoidance schemes is not to be trusted, they try and convince you they are reputable... but they haven't even paid for tax and legal advice as their emails are quite poorly composed... love that kojak comment!!!

Comment

I have recieved the same

Originally posted by Contractor1996 View Post
                      ---------

I agree don't pay them any attention, if you need to settle anything I would go the HMRC route... Anyone representing anti avoidance schemes is not to be trusted, they try and convince you they are reputable... but they haven't even paid for tax and legal advice as their emails are quite poorly composed... love that kojak comment!!!

I have also received the same and stupidly in haste uploaded my id and utility bill. I had settled my APN through Cobham and Murphy and through HMRC.

On further investigation through links on the forum i have noted this as the director of the THL

Leyya DJOMA - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

they have used several companies for the same office. I believe this looks like nothing more than chancers. I am not going to be communicating with them any further.

Comment

Working...
                      X