• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trust help line email help!"

Collapse

• piebaps
    replied
    There a separate Felictas thread Brian and a loan summary sticky too. You'll soon pick up the general gist.

Leave a comment:

• BrianH
    replied
    Felicitas at it now

Is everybody handling the Felicitas mails with the same contemptuous approach or suspect this is something new. I am of the former opinion

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by AlisonN View Post
    I posted a while back on the impact of the continuous texts from THL were having on my ex-husband. He'd tried to commit suicide and was receiving texts even when in hospital.
    Luckily, THL disappeared and we have all had some respite. Last week DOR Resolutions started email and texting, as a result my husband has mentally collapsed again. He was getting better before this - he had a new job and was looking forward to life - now he's f***ed again.

I am very angry. They even have the cheek to mention the Samaritans, perhaps a contribution to the HNS and my husband's ongoing mental care would be more appropriate?

Who the f**** are these people?
    I have considerable sympathy for your ex husband's situation.

This iteration of DOR is a copy cat of the previous THL nonsense complete with a director who bona fides is debatable.

Block the texts and if they continue report them to the ICO.

There is no need to take any action and much of what is being said is nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• AlisonN
    replied
    They're back.

I posted a while back on the impact of the continuous texts from THL were having on my ex-husband. He'd tried to commit suicide and was receiving texts even when in hospital.
    Luckily, THL disappeared and we have all had some respite. Last week DOR Resolutions started email and texting, as a result my husband has mentally collapsed again. He was getting better before this - he had a new job and was looking forward to life - now he's f***ed again.

I am very angry. They even have the cheek to mention the Samaritans, perhaps a contribution to the HNS and my husband's ongoing mental care would be more appropriate?

Who the f**** are these people?
    Last edited by AlisonN; 23 June 2019, 16:39. Reason: anger

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Oh yes - even down to the Samaritans... DOR resolutions
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...solutions.html

Leave a comment:

• contractDudeUK
    replied
    Fresh Email DOR - Unsure if any of you have received the same? Anyone investigated who the director is as mentioned in the email?

Dear Mr XXXX,

Good news: if you're trying to establish how much you owe in connection with your use of the Garraway contractor loans scheme, DOR Resolutions has the data for you. You might need to declare these loans to HMRC under the new Loan Charge rules. Your trustees have hired us to provide you with a statement listing all the amounts you received and the dates you received them. You can access the statement here. We'll provide your statement free of charge.

If you've recently settled your use of this scheme with HMRC you can now have the loans written off. Do this within 30 days of settling to ensure that the existence of the loans can't give rise to an inheritance tax charge years later. Follow this link to find out more. Please note that there is a charge for this service and you will need to make a payment to the trustees before the loans are written off.

If you genuinely can't afford to pay the tax HMRC say you owe, your scheme loan trustees could be very helpful to you. We can refer you to a third party who can help you to negotiate an amount you can afford. Your trustees might be in a position to force HMRC to accept your offer. This can be achieved through something called an Individual Voluntary Arrangement. Let us know you're interested here, and we'll have an adviser call you. There is no commitment at this stage. But be aware: this option is not for the faint-hearted. Talking it through with the adviser will not affect your credit rating, but proceding with the negotiation can. The adviser will explain.

Remember, if you believe you settled your tax years ago, the settlement didn't affect the loans. The loans will still be outstanding, even if you believe HMRC has treated them as income. We can help you resolve the problem here.

If you're worried about your tax bill, or the contents of this email, and need help, we've begun making regular donations to The Samaritans. Almost two hundred MPs are also helping people in your situation and are taking action in Parliament. Citizen's Advice, Tax Aid or Tax Help for Older People are all charitable organisations that might also be able to help you.

The importance of tax advice
    Finally, I must stress the importance of obtaining sound, independent tax advice. DORR doesn't give tax advice and this email doesn't constitute tax advice. You're free to use any firm you choose, but Templeton Brook are familiar with the situation and have handled similar cases to yours before.

Good luck and best wishes.

Andrew Thompson
    Director
    DOR Resolutions Limited
    DOR Resolutions Limited is a limited company registered in England And Wales. Registered number: 11910189. Registered address: 2 Kenilworth Road, Crosby, Liverpool, L23 3AD.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by KJHunt View Post
    Dear Sir,

Is it possible to set up an initial call so I can discuss this with you further please?

Regards
    Karen Hunt
    Yes.

I suggest you call the office tomorrow and arrange that.

I also suggest that you remove your name (if that is in fact your real name).

Leave a comment:

• KJHunt
    replied

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Hello.

1. IQ were not an umbrella company but were rather purveyors of tax avoidance.

2. If the accounting firm has said that you have cleared all the tax issues, ask them to give you that in writing.

3. The messages from THL/DOR are not about "releasing payments". As part of the IQ scheme you BORROWED money. The messages you have are to say that for a payment, DOR will write off those loans.

4. There is NO CONNECTION between the tax being settled and the loans being written off. HMRC cannot write the loan off for you. It is a matter between you as borrower and a trust as lender.

5. When you signed up for the tax avoidance scheme there was probably discussion of the loan and the fact that nobody would ever ask you to repay it. Times change as does law.

You could do worse than spend a few hours researching on these threads.

If you speak with an agent, there is likely to be a fee involved although we offer a free initial call as do others here.

Dear Sir,

Is it possible to set up an initial call so I can discuss this with you further please?

Regards
    Karen Hunt

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Hi, I am new to this site and need some advice please. I was working under the umbrella company IQ but finished working through them in 2017. I settled all my Tax problems through an accounting firm called Taylorcocks and speaking with them recently they have advised that I am all clear with the HMRC.

But, I have been receiving emails from Trust Help Line and then DOR Resolutions saying that I need to release my payments. When I spoke to Taylorcocks they said for me to answer and say yes to releasing the documentation which I did. Now I am being asked for 5% of my total loan payments in order for them to release the figures?????

Again, I spoke with Taylorcocks and they have categorically stated that I do not owe the HMRC anything and for me to seek legal advice.

Can anyone help with this matter or can you point me in the right direction of who may be able to help.

As far as I can make out, they are asking me to pay a % of the loans which in my eyes is a scam as there was never any mention of this when signing up.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Karen
    Hello.

1. IQ were not an umbrella company but were rather purveyors of tax avoidance.

2. If the accounting firm has said that you have cleared all the tax issues, ask them to give you that in writing.

3. The messages from THL/DOR are not about "releasing payments". As part of the IQ scheme you BORROWED money. The messages you have are to say that for a payment, DOR will write off those loans.

4. There is NO CONNECTION between the tax being settled and the loans being written off. HMRC cannot write the loan off for you. It is a matter between you as borrower and a trust as lender.

5. When you signed up for the tax avoidance scheme there was probably discussion of the loan and the fact that nobody would ever ask you to repay it. Times change as does law.

You could do worse than spend a few hours researching on these threads.

If you speak with an agent, there is likely to be a fee involved although we offer a free initial call as do others here.

Leave a comment:

• passerby
    replied
    Hi, I am new to this site and need some advice please. I was working under the umbrella company IQ but finished working through them in 2017. I settled all my Tax problems through an accounting firm called Taylorcocks and speaking with them recently they have advised that I am all clear with the HMRC.

But, I have been receiving emails from Trust Help Line and then DOR Resolutions saying that I need to release my payments. When I spoke to Taylorcocks they said for me to answer and say yes to releasing the documentation which I did. Now I am being asked for 5% of my total loan payments in order for them to release the figures?????

Again, I spoke with Taylorcocks and they have categorically stated that I do not owe the HMRC anything and for me to seek legal advice.

Can anyone help with this matter or can you point me in the right direction of who may be able to help.

As far as I can make out, they are asking me to pay a % of the loans which in my eyes is a scam as there was never any mention of this when signing up.

Karen

THL have closed down it seems.

The general advice is not to respond to them at all, ignore completely.

Leave a comment:

• KJHunt
    replied
    DOR Resolutions

Karen

Leave a comment:

• Safe
    replied
    What does "Loan Discharge" mean on form P11D?

Hi Folks,

On form P11D from Sanzar, I have a date on one of the box as below:
    Date loan was made in 201-11 if applicable: xx/xx/2010
    Date loan was discharged in 2010-11 if aplicable: 04/04/2011

What does discharge mean?

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Otunbafis View Post
    Hi Webberg,

Where do you think I stand or my chances.
    I have no view as I've not examined or explored the process and have had no contact with THL.

Leave a comment:

• Ozbird
    replied
    Originally posted by passerby View Post
    maybe Ozbird is referring to slightly different situation (similar to mine)

All years closed, loans received more than a decade ago and all written off long time ago. (some while not UK resident)

In this case the loan charge applies as well.
    I haven't had anything written off yet and I'm still considering options to write off or not. I was asking HMRC questions on different scenarios so I could establish the dates of the tax arising so I could work out which option was best. I have to consider the Oz situation that they may see the loan write off as liable to tax on my annual income here in Oz, but depending on the option I take the payment to HMRC may be considered in a different year and I therefore may not be given a credit in Oz from UK paid tax. Sucks doesn't it. tax in UK tax in Oz, settlement doesn't mean settlement, HMRC can come back and have another bite of the cherry, scumbag scheme promoters can call in the loan. All from something stupid that I was briefly involved in 14 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• contractDudeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by passerby View Post
    maybe Ozbird is referring to slightly different situation (similar to mine)

All years closed, loans received more than a decade ago and all written off long time ago. (some while not UK resident)

In this case the loan charge applies as well.
    i wouldnt have though so.

in the same boat as you are, i have cleared everything with hmrc about 7 years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X