• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying this post on various threads to do with Trust Helpline - I am struggling to find the original contract that I signed with IQ Contractors so I can seek legal advice. Can anyone help with providing a template for IQ (or similar)? would really appreciate it. Also, does anyone have a lawyer that they would recommend for such advice?

I believe that I had settled tax on loans with HMRC but am now worried that IQ will come after me for the loan amount.

Comment

The people recommended here are Phil and Graham.

Have you had any demand for recall of loans? So far no-one has been able to get a loan recalled. Except for voluntary contributions(why anyone volunteered is beyond me).

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        The people recommended here are Phil and Graham.

Have you had any demand for recall of loans? So far no-one has been able to get a loan recalled. Except for voluntary contributions(why anyone volunteered is beyond me).
        Hi GreenMirror,

I haven't had any demand for recall of loans! But am worried that it might come back to bite in a few years (with accumulated interest!) I would like to contact @Webberg but I have just joined yesterday so can't send PMs... Any help would be much appreciate. Am really pulling my hair out over this.

Comment

A number of our clients received the Trust Help Line letter.

We have prepared a response and that went to our clients yesterday.

We're always happy to discuss these sorts of issues.

You can call the office - find us on the web.

For balance, I'm sure most other advisers will have a view on the letter sent and would be happy to discuss it.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

For balance, I'm sure most other advisers will have a view on the letter sent and would be happy to discuss it.
            Thanks @webberg, I have contacted your office and have an appointment next Tuesday. Will keep trawling the web and this forum for advice in the meantime!

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

Hi all, has anyone been through the website and actually seen all their loan statements? Does this newly formed company actually have the alleged data on all schemes the user used or do they just have the email addresses?
              Clearly Trust Help Line is a scam, but the question still stands does this newly formed company actually hold valid data?

What do people think?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It looks like a spam email.

If they don't know your name and just send it to Dear Sir/Madam, then it's spam.

I'd be careful about the attachment - I hope your anti-virus is up to date.

As for the real issue - if you were paid via a loan scheme, you need to get yourself a tax advisor in the next couple of days.
                Agreed: 100% spam!

Comment

Trust Help Line is the trading name of a company called Helpline Services Ltd.

Details can be found on Companies House in the UK.

It is also not difficult to link this company with a form of advisers based in St Mary Axe.

The company describes itself as an administrator or similar of a number of trust "brands".

Those trusts all have a common trustee, being one of two companies owned by an accounting firm based in Douglas.

The claim in the communications from Trust Help Line is that loans made by the trusts are repayable (possible but also possibly in conflict with trust law); that a late DOTAS disclosure will be made on some "brands" leading to APNs (possible but the window for such disclosure closed years ago); that HMRC require you to show them a "deed of release" on loans written off (our contacts in HMRC say that they do NOT need such a document).

Their letter also goes on to indicate that if you want to settle you need to tell HMRC before the end of September 2018 - which is true - but that information coming in a letter dated November 2018 is not that useful.

Caveat emptor.

Do your research.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

It fails my basic test.

It has a website but the site contains no details of who operates the Trust Helpline or the names and backgrounds of their staff. Most if not all reputable firms have this info.

Comment

This is a Phishing Scam - Delete at will..... Don't be conned!

Obviously Data of scheme users has been released illegally, or hacked and sold on the evil Internet market, with the sole attempt to drown people in legal twaddle, at the same time pretending to be a "Help" company.
                      The attempt to extort money from people has risen to a new height now.....
                      I received this email with partially incorrect details, and I treated it accordingly..... Straight to the SPAM box!
                      I haven't had anything through the post, so they can steal elsewhere. If all they have is an email address and partially incorrect details, then they can bugger off.
                      As the company purporting to be "Trust helpline", emanates from the Isle of Man (I read in an earlier post), then I can only assume that they are backed from the same (very possibly) criminal directors of Sanzar or maybe other companies there.
                      Lets face it, all these company directors disappeared from the face of the earth when we were seeking advice, about a "Professional tax service" paid for weekly by us, which turned out to be a hell hole of lies.
                      I would imagine these people should be more worried about us contra-claiming for bad tax advice, and claiming our fees back.
                      Notice that the last sentence was designed to frighten you as well. Saying that the loans are gathering interest.
                      Obviously, the loan agreements that we contractors entered into were interest free loans, hence the reason we were taxed initially on the interest saving!
                      All Spam.....

The Spam E-mail read as follows.....

Dear *****Missing some details*****,
                      Your account: *****some alarmingly accurate details*****
                      Over the last few months, you will have received letters (attached to this email) and emails from Helpline Services Ltd (Trusthelpline.com) (THL) acting in our capacity as Communication Administrators, engaged by the Trustees of the Trusts and former employers of several Brands, one of which (or more than one) were involved with you and your former employer.

These Brands are:
                      Sanzar Solutions, Tudor Pay, Long Acre, Eximius, Dynamic Partners, IQ, Darwin, Garraway and Winchester.

The outstanding loan(s) that you have with one or more of these fall in scope of the 2019 Loan Charge whereby HMRC will retrospectively Tax any loans established through Contractor loan arrangements if the loan(s) are still outstanding on 5th April 2019.

The Trustees require you to urgently engage with THL via their portal located at THL Portal - THL Portal

You will have previously received login information via letter or email. Please go to the Portal and use “Contact Us” if you no longer have login details.

The portal website contains your Loan Statement, highlighting the amounts owed and allows you to obtain further information so you can decide which course of action that best suits you.

It should be noted that settling with HMRC will deal with the Tax outstanding but the loan(s) will remain outstanding and attracting interest. The Trustees urgently require you to make your proposals for settling the loan(s).

Kind regards,

Helpline Services Limited

Comment

Working...
                      X