• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minty View Post
    When I sent MP follower notices they were quick to respond but since I questioned them if they are still representing me or not they have gone quiet. Dawn hasn't replied to my email and phone calls goto answer phone. I double checked with HMRC and they said note was put on my file 2nd November saying MP no longer representing me. When I asked could they give me name of individual who requested that HMRC replied they had a list of individuals names that were no longer being represented by MP.

I told them I couldn't afford to pay and they said you need to take corrective action otherwise you will be hit with anything up to 50% penalties.

They said once I take corrective action and agree to settle they will pass my debt onto debt manage my and they will agree payment arrangements with me. They were not interested in doing any kind of deal.

Really concerned in no win situation.

I support what you have said in that - when l spoke with the HMRC there is no option of a deal, the amount needs to be paid in full... Dawn has also gone quiet in that shes not acknowledging my emails, although l'm not convinced that l would believe what HRMC are saying as they'd say anything to get the money.

Like you l have no idea of what to do next (gulp).

Comment

all I would say is don't count on MP getting you out of a hole, cant see them lasting much longer to be honest.

They were late with their appeal, my views being it was on purpose to shut this all down. Best case it was an admin balls up, either way it may get rejected. The courts have told both MP and HMRC that until such time as the late appeal is considered and accepted or rejected, to continue as if it hasn't been lodged. Hence the HMRC action.

Comment

If anyone is looking for help, feel free to PM me. If you have < 10 posts you might have to request PM rights from admin.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by OnARoadToNoWhere View Post
          I support what you have said in that - when l spoke with the HMRC there is no option of a deal, the amount needs to be paid in full... Dawn has also gone quiet in that shes not acknowledging my emails, although l'm not convinced that l would believe what HRMC are saying as they'd say anything to get the money.

Like you l have no idea of what to do next (gulp).
          You have PM rights now.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            If anyone is looking for help, feel free to PM me. If you have < 10 posts you might have to request PM rights from admin.

BP
            Can I have PM rights please so i can PM BrilloPad

Comment

The Follower Notices cannot be ignored but there are a limited number of things that can be done. These are:

1. Check that the conditions for issuing the notice have ALL been complied with and that the APN conditions have ALL been complied with. The conditions are very specific and there is a need for HMRC to have hit them all. (Some advisers say that the 3 APN conditions and 4 FN conditions are an either/or test - that is manifestly incorrect - they must ALL be met).

2. Decide that your circumstances do not fit the case used as the basis of the notice. That might be tricky and would perhaps require a coordinated legal action.

3. seek a settlement with HMRC which may reduce the overall liability, spread the liability, delay the liability.

Whatever you do however, the notice cannot be ignored.

Doing nothing will cost you a penalty - a big one.

Get advice if you have any issues you cannot deal with.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Nibor66 View Post
                Can I have PM rights please so i can PM BrilloPad
                PM rights granted.

Comment

Ditto - Can I have PM rights please so i can PM BrilloPad

Comment

Dawn washing hands offering no representation/letter of response to latest demands as didnt pay extra! Urgent help needed PM rights please

Comment

Originally posted by NeedAdvise View Post
                      Ditto - Can I have PM rights please so i can PM BrilloPad
                      Sorted

Comment

Working...
                      X