• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMRC made Atlas Shrug View Post
    I'm not able to PM, I'm sitting in the cheap seats.

The last e-mail you sent me was on 27/10/2017.
    The last e-mail I sent you was on 29/10/2017.

This is the e-mail address I used: g*****.w*****@wttconsulting.co.uk

Maybe I missed something ?

What I'm hoping is for someone (maybe legal ?) to look at the wording in HMRC's document and say if the release of my loan as well as IHT are included or not. If it works for me, surely you guys can do (ask for) the same.
    you are Mr R****?
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi.
      Is there where WTT BG paying members have to post to get a reply to their emails?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerd View Post
        Hi.
        Is there where WTT BG paying members have to post to get a reply to their emails?
        Just phone them up if you need a quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerd View Post
          Hi.
          You could pick up the phone?

(No, me neither).

Comment

APN

Anyone had a "phone call" from HMRC asking if they a settlement offer on an APN, if so they will work out a calculation and post it t out for those years so they are removed from your SA record, they also mentioned you are not obliged. ??

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
              APN

Anyone had a "phone call" from HMRC asking if they a settlement offer on an APN, if so they will work out a calculation and post it t out for those years so they are removed from your SA record, they also mentioned you are not obliged. ??
              Probably HMRC have made a few calls.

What did you tell them?

Comment

IQ Contracts - Guidance

Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party but I worked for IQ Contracts for 18 months from 2012-2104 and have just recieved the letters requiring me to do tax-returns for 2012/13, 2013/14.
                What is everyones best advice to do in this situation? Is it worth getting advice from WTT or should I just fill in the returns with the figures I have and declare that my paid tax as unknown (what HMRC have advised me to do). What is the likely outcome of this situation? I have absolutely no experience with the UK tax system and am very worried about all this!

Comment

Originally posted by reedas View Post
                  Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party but I worked for IQ Contracts for 18 months from 2012-2104 and have just recieved the letters requiring me to do tax-returns for 2012/13, 2013/14.
                  What is everyones best advice to do in this situation? Is it worth getting advice from WTT or should I just fill in the returns with the figures I have and declare that my paid tax as unknown (what HMRC have advised me to do). What is the likely outcome of this situation? I have absolutely no experience with the UK tax system and am very worried about all this!
                  Get advice on Monday.

It is very unwise to reply to HMRC without knowing why they are recommending a certain course of action.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Get advice on Monday.

It is very unwise to reply to HMRC without knowing why they are recommending a certain course of action.
                    Hi webberg or cojak, did the Apr 2019 charge go through in the Nov 2017 budget. I have read the docs and it appears it has, but can never be clear. Also there was mention of October 2019 as an extension. Could you guys confirm and if it has changed at all. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jarzinhio View Post
                      Hi webberg or cojak, did the Apr 2019 charge go through in the Nov 2017 budget. I have read the docs and it appears it has, but can never be clear. Also there was mention of October 2019 as an extension. Could you guys confirm and if it has changed at all. Thanks
                      It was in the latest legislation.

Yes it has had a number of technical changes.

The 1st October 2019 deadline is to report the loans.

The tax looks like falling due January 2020.

I'm afraid that there is no substitute for reading the forums, legislation, technical notes.

If that is not enough, you need to go and find some professional help.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X