• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some Good News For Once...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say we should bomb these countries back to the stone ages...

but with these laws it looks like that would be progress...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I would say we should bomb these countries back to the stone ages...

but with these laws it looks like that would be progress...

They may have read about how to handle other religions somewhere

The Dissolution of the Monasteries, sometimes referred to as the Suppression of the Monasteries, was the set of administrative and legal processes between 1536 and 1541 by which Henry VIII disbanded monasteries, priories, convents and friaries in England, Wales and Ireland, appropriated their income, disposed of their assets, and provided for their former members and functions. He was given the authority to do this in England and Wales by the Act of Supremacy, passed by Parliament in 1534, which made him Supreme Head of the Church in England, thus separating England from Papal authority, and by the First Suppression Act (1536) and the Second Suppression Act (1539).
      Dissolution of the Monasteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        She was jailed and sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her Christianity. Wouldn't it have been much easier if she'd just said "I renounce my Christianity"? I think that's what I would have done.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Good stuff.
          one day at a time

Comment

Not so fast

BBC News - Sudan death row woman 're-arrested'

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              They may have read about how to handle other religions somewhere

The Dissolution of the Monasteries, sometimes referred to as the Suppression of the Monasteries, was the set of administrative and legal processes between 1536 and 1541 by which Henry VIII disbanded monasteries, priories, convents and friaries in England, Wales and Ireland, appropriated their income, disposed of their assets, and provided for their former members and functions. He was given the authority to do this in England and Wales by the Act of Supremacy, passed by Parliament in 1534, which made him Supreme Head of the Church in England, thus separating England from Papal authority, and by the First Suppression Act (1536) and the Second Suppression Act (1539).
              Dissolution of the Monasteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              I've highlighted the step that's missing from the treatment of Christians in Islamic countries. HTH.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                And re-released

BBC News - Sudan death row woman Meriam Ibrahim freed again

Comment

What a carry on

one day at a time

Comment

More Islamic fun here.

Nigerian man detained in mental institute in Kano 'because he renounced Islam' - Africa - World - The Independent
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X