• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Some Good News For Once..."

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    More Islamic fun here.

Nigerian man detained in mental institute in Kano 'because he renounced Islam' - Africa - World - The Independent

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    What a carry on

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    And re-released

BBC News - Sudan death row woman Meriam Ibrahim freed again

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    They may have read about how to handle other religions somewhere

The Dissolution of the Monasteries, sometimes referred to as the Suppression of the Monasteries, was the set of administrative and legal processes between 1536 and 1541 by which Henry VIII disbanded monasteries, priories, convents and friaries in England, Wales and Ireland, appropriated their income, disposed of their assets, and provided for their former members and functions. He was given the authority to do this in England and Wales by the Act of Supremacy, passed by Parliament in 1534, which made him Supreme Head of the Church in England, thus separating England from Papal authority, and by the First Suppression Act (1536) and the Second Suppression Act (1539).
    Dissolution of the Monasteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I've highlighted the step that's missing from the treatment of Christians in Islamic countries. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Not so fast

BBC News - Sudan death row woman 're-arrested'

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    She was jailed and sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her Christianity. Wouldn't it have been much easier if she'd just said "I renounce my Christianity"? I think that's what I would have done.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I would say we should bomb these countries back to the stone ages...

but with these laws it looks like that would be progress...

They may have read about how to handle other religions somewhere

The Dissolution of the Monasteries, sometimes referred to as the Suppression of the Monasteries, was the set of administrative and legal processes between 1536 and 1541 by which Henry VIII disbanded monasteries, priories, convents and friaries in England, Wales and Ireland, appropriated their income, disposed of their assets, and provided for their former members and functions. He was given the authority to do this in England and Wales by the Act of Supremacy, passed by Parliament in 1534, which made him Supreme Head of the Church in England, thus separating England from Papal authority, and by the First Suppression Act (1536) and the Second Suppression Act (1539).
    Dissolution of the Monasteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I would say we should bomb these countries back to the stone ages...

but with these laws it looks like that would be progress...

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Great news!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You think taking a 13 year old up Everest is good news?
    with proper support I think its excellent news, someone most of India consider below dogs has done something 0.000000000000000000001% of the population of the world has done.

Its like the class spotty geek copping off with Elle McPherson!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    She's freed

BBC News - Sudan death sentence woman 'freed'

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Well she still hasn't been released.

Seems to have dropped out the news though.
    I did read the other day that she'd finally had her shackles removed but was still banged up.

The Sudanese government were still indicating that she was going to be freed.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well she still hasn't been released.

Seems to have dropped out the news though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    People from across the GLOBE gather at funeral of WWII Pilot George Thompson | Mail Online

People from across the GLOBE gather to pay their respects at funeral of Second World War pilot who died with no family and few friends
    George Thompson flew missions over Burma in the Second World War
    He died aged 96 earlier this month with no family and few friends remaining
    Hundreds call to come to the funeral - including people from Australia

Leave a comment:

Working...
X