• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who benefits from migrants?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes it pays more to be on benefits or roughly the same. You can go to work for less than £10 a week more cash or even less.
    It is a really strange system where in some circumstances it pays more to be out of work than in it, there are people who are genuinely trapped and then there are thoses who are just bone idle
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
      You have problems with reading comprehension of the simplest text.
      Oh really? this is what you posted in the context of non EU vs EU immigration

... It only benefits immigrants from Subcontinent who continue to occupy best jobs while we [the Poles] are pushed into broom closet.
      Oh dear. Poor Poles getting pushed into tulipe jobs. and its all because of this, apparently:

..I blame BBC sponsored anti Polish campaigns featuring stars like Farage, Nuttal, Dimbleby, Neil, Marr and Robinson. They anchor us as very poor, low skilled, willing to do the jobs nobody else wants for pennies..
      I reiterate: you're a first class moron.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You can tell that to those of us who have never worked for British companies.
        You're British now? You were Polish last week.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

To be fair to Mos, he's adapted to British chavdom quite fast already - he's pretty good at the whining and not working part.
          What's the betting he has a large plasma TV and a fridge full of tinnies?

Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            To be fair to Mos, he's adapted to British chavdom quite fast already - he's pretty good at the whining and not working part.
            What's the betting he has a large plasma TV and a fridge full of tinnies?

You think he's actually Australian?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              You think he's actually Australian?
              Streuth! A Polish Australian, you think? That's like the opposite of winning the lottery of life. Imagine being bad at sports AND a morose alcoholic at the same time.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

On a serious note, we (and most people we know) choose our builders/cleaners/gardeners etc through sites like checkatrade and decide based on reviews and feedback.

We'll pay more for someone reputable & reliable with good feedback. nationality isn't a factor in our decision making process.

Can you do the job - yes/no?
                Are you reliable - yes/no?
                Do you have reviews/references to back that up - yes/no?

If it goes to a foreigner it goes to a foreigner. I think most businesses only really care about hiring the best person who can get the job done and can provide references as such.

I think this just boils down to the entitlement culture/work ethic issue we have in the UK.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

*This was the case in Switzerland where the thickos in rural areas voted for the EU restrictions and the people in the know, in the cities, voted against, knowing that Switzerland would collapse without its immigrants.
                  Because of the latter fact, watch out for a Swiss fudge - were they to implement the referendum wishes willy nilly, the Swiss economy would suffer terminal decline.
                  The Swiss government has 3 years to translate the result of a referendum into some kind of, as you say, 'fudged' legislation, which then has to be passed by lower and upper houses and then has to be implemented by each of the cantons. The government will stretch it out play for time and allow spatial and temporal demographics to play their part, and as the older people die off and the younger people move to the cities, that tiny majority in favour of restricting EU migration will shift a little tiny bit back to a minority and by the time they have to actually stop letting people in they can just hold another referendum. It wouldn´t even surprise me if Switzerland ends up voting to join the EU within 10 years or so as their oldies are dying off. The government will do what Dave Cameron´s doing with the EU referendum; look at the demographics and play for time, and use the time to renegotiate.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

weeeeellll I am in Glasgow and may (or may not) have gone to a Gentlemans club last night

they have certainly benefittted from immigrants

maybe - if I had gone and all that..

erm

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      weeeeellll I am in Glasgow and may (or may not) have gone to a Gentlemans club last night

they have certainly benefittted from immigrants

maybe - if I had gone and all that..

erm

We've seen Scottish strippers:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X