• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hazardous M60

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well the cars themselves are quite harmless without the cockheads that drive them.
    Yeah I am with you, though of course it is a generalisation.

Comment

I had similar last week on the A5 just north of Frankfurt. Was doing about 120mph and saw a Merc E-class in front who had just overtaken someone, he pulled in but decided to pull back out again as there was a slower car in the middle lane, there was a big puff of black smoke and then loads of tulip starting hitting my car where one of his back tyres decided to pop, as it were. Possibly he was going to fast for the speed rating as he more than likely had winter tyres on. I slowed down, went past and then sped up to around 140mph and noticed, not 50 meters behind me, the obligatory Audi driver giving it some. Now this bit of road goes past a service station and the exit is on a slope and a corner so quite often the traffic gets very heavy and slow here due to incoming traffic and that day was no different. As I approached the corner I saw numerous vehicles at nearly a dead stop so I indicated and pulled over into the middle lane while braking heavily, the Audi driver just pulled straight over, no indicator, right up my arse (the dirty bugger) and decided that there was in fact no reason to slow down so hooted and aggressively moved back into the outside lane and sped off. I followed him in the middle lane, after giving him some choice hand signals and I think he got the hint that he was a twat as he pulled over into the inside lane and slowed down a bit. (Normally when people act like twats and I have a bit of time to kill, I like to follow them, if needs be all the way to their destination.) Audi drivers = ???
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Audi drivers = ???
        I'm sure a lot of them are recruitment agents.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I only know 3 people who drive Audis, two are very pleasant and relaxed and the third is grumpy but nice enough. I think they all do lots of driving and just wanted the comfort.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have an audi, I don't drive it like a twat. I don't really drive it at all TBH.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Audi driver here too.

I use my signals, leave space behind cars in front of me, don't swerve madly from lane to lane, don't slam on brakes in front of people. The only thing I think of that people might call twattish is heavy accelerating sometimes, as I enjoy how much power the car has (all past cars were complete tulipe).

Comment

Audis still Britain’s favourite car to have driving right up your arse

Government issues guidelines for encounters with white BMWs
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  Are you guys both southerners? There are quite a few fast motorways up north - M56, M66, M65, M55. Generally when you are going against traffic they are very fast.
                  I used to drive around 40k miles a year. mainly on motorways and generally in a manner the police would call "making progress". On all those motorways - including all the ones oop t'north, there was one lane and 1 or more overtaking lanes. I don't recall that changing...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    I used to drive around 40k miles a year. mainly on motorways and generally in a manner the police would call "making progress". On all those motorways - including all the ones oop t'north, there was one lane and 1 or more overtaking lanes. I don't recall that changing...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      Are you guys both southerners? There are quite a few fast motorways up north - M56, M66, M65, M55. Generally when you are going against traffic they are very fast.
                      As in your top speed might actually get to 70mph because, and remember this, more than that and you're breaking the law
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X