• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2b training - tips and discussion thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You are supposed to wear a label saying who you are doing L2B for. One guy has written "for me. thanks for the bypass". I was not sure he should have been doing it.
      What about this one?

https://www.bhf.org.uk/default.aspx?page=17111

"I'll do it for my donor

Kevin Mashford has spent his life battling the effects of congenital heart disease. Just a year on from a heart transplant and inspired by the memory of his donor he’s getting ready to cycle 54 miles from London to Brighton."

That's some going.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Feck knows. Given that we had to plaster numbers all over ourselves and our bikes for the photos, and there was a photographer lurking on every bend, I imagine there will be some, somewhere.

Presumably they'll send us a link at some point.
        Takes about 2 weeks. If you had your numbers on, you'll be identified, don't worry.

T HTH

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Nah. I always go Commando.

I think I'm probably glad that image is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I imagine I probably am... I have no frame of reference since as I say I only cycle on the static bike but I do 45-60min cycling 5-7 days a week - about 25Km - and when I sometimes do 90min at the same pace I don't feel tired. So I imagine I have the raw fitness - would you agree?
            You could easily do it with a bit of training. It doesn't always scale easily. Even taking out Ditchling Beacon there were a few hills - and they can really knock it out of you. I still don't think you should be so down on others not completing 54 miles if you have not. I suppose this is general where nastiness pervades. And Suity has completed L2B before. MF was not in the country.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Feck knows. Given that we had to plaster numbers all over ourselves and our bikes for the photos, and there was a photographer lurking on every bend, I imagine there will be some, somewhere.

Presumably they'll send us a link at some point.
            So there should be one of my good side then.

Can I look up pictures of that fit bird I followed for a mile? I hope they got one of her bottom.....

Comment

I do hope there is no photos of my initiation into the CUK clique.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I still don't think you should be so down on others not completing 54 miles if you have not
                To clarify, I'm only down on MF. I think I am on record from the very start as saying there was no chance he would participate; he's a liar and a fraud.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

To clarify, I'm only down on MF. I think I am on record from the very start as saying there was no chance he would participate; he's a liar and a fraud.
                  Well done you then. I hope you get a warm glow from being right.

Comment

Never had him down as a fraud. Miserable little gift with a God complex yes.

Comment

blimey I actually turn up for work for a day and the kiddies all get in a spat. Sad.

Dhoog I did 5 hours cycling the weekend before and was doing a couple of hours every other night, I was still a wimp compared to MS & Brillo, the hills are very hard work, so is avoiding all the other riders.

MS - I was joking about the doughnut, I have no idea how you cycled up the Beacon, I was completely knackered. And you only glowed at the end!

BP - why do you think I was so fast down the hills there was a lovely blonde lady with a great action down hill!

Weird apparently MS & I were on a different outing according to Endomondo. I was an hour & 1.6 mph faster. I think the auto stop / start feature on Android is pants. My stats look great though!

35.4 mph max speed! I'll get flashed by a speed camera soon.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X