• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Funny thing is when they get a bit older and/or have a health scare their diets improve.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Ok let me put it another way, are there more McDonald's, kfc's, burger kings or running tracks I your area or nearest city. More people get pleasure out of fast food than they do out of running, if you don't think that's true then there is no hope for you.
      I guess if you side-track from what you said enough then I will agree with you, but that doesn't mean you were right on the original point.

Also, there is one McD and one KFC in a 3 mile radius of my town. And at least a dozen running tracks.

But only one tennis club so clearly tennis is less fun than running. Except that if you go down by the river in the morning you'll see a constant stream of people running every single day.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I guess if you side-track from what you said enough then I will agree with you, but that doesn't mean you were right on the original point.

Also, there is one McD and one KFC in a 3 mile radius of my town. And at least a dozen running tracks.

But only one tennis club so clearly tennis is less fun than running. Except that if you go down by the river in the morning you'll see a constant stream of people running every single day.
        They are running so they can eat their weekly KFC/McDs or more likely with the people I know so they can enjoy a drink or three.

Someone I worked with from abroad couldn't understand why the English do so much exercise and then get pissed.

Comment

Most people who eat a lot of junk food don't run... the ones who need the exercise most are not the ones doing it
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Most people who eat a lot of junk food don't run... the ones who need the exercise most are not the ones doing it
            You haven't seen what the people I know eat. Though they don't eat like that 7 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
              Obsessed, is what the lazy call the dedicated
              Lazy is what the obsessed called normal people
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Funny thing is when they get a bit older and/or have a health scare their diets improve.
                for me it was the purchase of a pair of 38" waist trousers. The thought of being in the same shop 12 months later buying a 40" pair was too galling to contemplate.
                Plus the contractor sat next to me at the time was in his late 50's and a bit of a pie eater. He was the definition of an anti-goal
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Hang on what is the discussion point? Is it that junk food is bad or that more people eat junk food than run or something else?
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Anyway you should see the stuff they provide at feeding stations on ultra marathons, flattened coke so you can down a litre in quick time, biscuits, chocolate, cheese burgers.

I don't believe in the term junk food anyway and I don't think that food is either good or bad, that certain types of food should be left out of the diet, I think these terms are damaging. If someone was to eat all bran and soy milk all day they would be equally as fooked as someone who eats burgers all day but soy milk and all bran are seen as healthy. Really people are too thick to understand diet and nutrition.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Anyway you should see the stuff they provide at feeding stations on ultra marathons, flattened coke so you can down a litre in quick time, biscuits, chocolate, cheese burgers.

I don't believe in the term junk food anyway and I don't think that food is either good or bad, that certain types of food should be left out of the diet, I think these terms are damaging. If someone was to eat all bran and soy milk all day they would be equally as fooked as someone who eats burgers all day but soy milk and all bran are seen as healthy. Really people are too thick to understand diet and nutrition.
                      I see it as food that has been processed like most of the food in a supermarket, milk for example is heated during pasteurisation but that also removes a lot of the stuff our body needs.

Comment

Working...
                      X